The Drugs, Alcohol, and Tobacco thread

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

My ashtray bitches

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

*crickets chirp*
Atrokkus
Respected
Respected

Post by Atrokkus »

Yeah, read about that experimetn with stoned spiders... thanks for the actual video.
I'm an old-time arachnophile, so that's a welcome addition to my collection.

Despite the video being not-so-scientific heh. but the actual basis is correct, the behavioral shifts are represented pretty accurately.
Previously known as metallix...

CRPG.ru Editorial Staff
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Why, hello, from a fellow arachnopile.

(P.S. I hope you're not being sarcastic. :chick: )
Atrokkus
Respected
Respected

Post by Atrokkus »

I'm never sarcastic with spiders, they don't really appreciate good jokes.

Gosh you're cheesy bastard, you live in brasil! you got lots of great species there. Hug Phoneutria fera for me please.
Previously known as metallix...

CRPG.ru Editorial Staff
Infinity Dose
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Infinity Dose »

i just took 15 mg dexedrine.

it's "reading week" and i'm fucking bored. i figure in an hour or two i'll be doing something productive

yay amphetamines

um . i've had a drug problem, on and off :(

p.s. anyone ever take SAMe, st. john's wort, valerian root? those aren't really drugs, just feel good natural meds or something... asdfasd

i can't believe this thread was started in fall 2004, i was high as a kite then...
Nedrah
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Nedrah »

Quality thread, I just read through it from page 1. Well, almost, I skipped the boring bickering. Makes me want to take another shot at quiting the cigarettes. I'm just wondering wether I should try another cold turkey approach or go with that ridicolously expensive (at least where I live) addictive free tobacco.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Infinity Dose wrote:i just took 15 mg dexedrine.

it's "reading week" and i'm fucking bored. i figure in an hour or two i'll be doing something productive

yay amphetamines

um . i've had a drug problem, on and off :(

p.s. anyone ever take SAMe, st. john's wort, valerian root? those aren't really drugs, just feel good natural meds or something... asdfasd

i can't believe this thread was started in fall 2004, i was high as a kite then...
if you're into ethnobotanics, you might want to check out aza*rius (without the *)
Infinity Dose
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Infinity Dose »

pretty good site

we have something similar in town called "sacred seed" that seems to have everything, LSA, salvia, uh. other stuff.
Nedrah
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Nedrah »

Ok, screw that.

So, would anybody here tell me their experiences with trying to quit smoking?
I realize there's plenty of that in the internets, however most of the reports don't come from the gamer/nerd/freak perespective.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Nedrah wrote:Ok, screw that.

I realize there's plenty of that in the internets, however most of the reports don't come from the gamer/nerd/freak perespective.
Is there a difference between a gamer trying to quit smoking and a non-gamer quitting smoking?
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

The gamer needs 20 AP to put on the patch.
Nedrah
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Nedrah »

The amount of time you spend in front of your pc, smoking away, instead of, say, socializing. However, I've decided to only smoke that expensive natural tobacco for about a week so I at least don't go cold turkey on all the additives and the nicotine / smoking habbit itself at the same time.
Infinity Dose
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Infinity Dose »

just tapper down slowly, uh slow by taking a pair of scissors and cutting your cigs down bit by bit?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Take those same scissors to your fingers for each instance of slippage.

Will not, can not, dance. :drunk:
williamnixon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by williamnixon »

Nedrah wrote:Ok, screw that.

Yeah, I've quit smoking quite recently, just about two months ago. Sure, I've fallen back a few times, but the trick is to keep busy and not to drink too much. And (you're probably gonna hate me for this) you should really try to exercise like two-four times a week. It helps getting your spirits up, at least it works for me. Oh, and chew alot of gum, or roots or whatever.

It's hard. Really hard. Sometimes I just wanna scream at people I pass by in the streets and poke their eyes out with a sharpened object. Or chop of my own arms just to get rid of the itch.

...hope it's worth it.
Meuh. <br>
myspace.com/themarycoxx
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I've been trying to start smoking for the last 4 years. The results so far have been highly discouraging. I've tried patches, gum, you-name-it but for no effect. Acupuncture, would that help?
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

I smoke off and on (usually when I'm drinking) and have yet to become hooked. Am I doing something wrong?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

getting addicted is harder than it's made out to be. you'll need to smoke constantly for a week or so in order to feel any cravings; smoking once in a while when you're drinking won't cut it (everyone seems to do that, after all). anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Being addicted to nicotine is far overshadowed by the pure habitualness of the act itself. On a break at work? Smoke. Walking somewhere? Smoke. Having a drink? Smoke. I've been pack-a-day for a couple years now and still really don't experience nicotine cravings, it just fits into my routine and if I for whatever reason can't have a cigarette (say I'm visiting grandma for the day) it really doesn't bother me.