I seek the wisdom of the DACK!

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

I seek the wisdom of the DACK!

Post by Caleb »

Alright guys...here's the deal. I'm sick as all hell...strep + fluish/food poisoning symptoms. I hate medication and don't have the time to goto the doc. One of you fucks better respond before i goto sleep...

The question is, since tea, vitamin c, etc have failed : Will vodka kill the fucking bacteria and render me able to scream obscenities at coworkers again? or will i just end up with the shits and a headache worse than ever?

seriously though...can alcohol help cure sickness?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

No, it'll pretty much fuck you up more. It'll make you more dehydrated, and weaken your immune system.

Chances are if the vitamin c, etc aren't helping you it could also be a viral infection, in which case have fun waiting the fucker out.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Go see a doctor
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Thor Kaufman wrote:Go see a doctor
:binkybaby:
���������
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

vitamin c cures cancer I hear
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

The whole concept of medication is to make you addicted. Don't let Pfizer win.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Go to a hospital, by law they have first claim on the hastening of the ill. :drunk:
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Alcohol won't cure sickness, but studies now show that moderate alcohol consumption (1-2 drinks per day) can help you live longer. Not just red wine, either, although of course that has lots of antioxidants and such.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

The worst of it is over now. And yeah...got a hold of an old drinking buddy, and he told me definitely not to go for the booze, that it would only viciously destroy my throat. Strep throat is shit...but luckily i think i'm getting better and probably gave it to almost every customer i talked to at work yesterday, 2 of my bosses, and almost every coworker i don't like. Oh, and i'm quitting soon, so a good way to go out.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

A better way to go out is to gift syphilis. Why, I'd advocate acquiring it for just such a gambit. :drunk:
aries100
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by aries100 »

I think you did the correct thing listening to your old drinking buddie. However, if you have a runny stomach, you can help cure this was slices ot bananas or apples. It also helps to drink a large glas of water (about 1 a litre of water) with two-four teaspons of sugar and 1-2 teaspons of salt in it. I have tried this, and it works. It tastes as --- eh--- eh. really really bad. but it helps...

Also, if you have a virus infection, the old advice and joke ;) about taking two aspirins and caling the doctorin the morning is still a solid one. A virus infection cal only be faiught out by letting the virus have its way with you --- that is stay home (if you can), sleep a lot and don't much else.

For some reason, I have found that oat meal as porrage helps me when I'm sick, the same goes for toast (with no butter) and tea. Or maybe it just reminds me of how my mother took care of me when I was sick (when I was a child). But still, it helps...
please support http://www.gamerdad.com - the
voice of reason when it comes to gaming and children

support democracry - please visit
http://www.whydemocracy.net/home
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Caleb wrote:The worst of it is over now. And yeah...got a hold of an old drinking buddy, and he told me definitely not to go for the booze, that it would only viciously destroy my throat. Strep throat is shit...but luckily i think i'm getting better and probably gave it to almost every customer i talked to at work yesterday, 2 of my bosses, and almost every coworker i don't like. Oh, and i'm quitting soon, so a good way to go out.
You were in pain for one day or did were you sick awhile before you made your original post? IVE BEEN IN PAIN MY WHOLE LIVE.

A lot of people who are sick and don't see doctors usually say they have something worse than what they actually had or it goes the complete opposite where its really bad but they play it off as something minor then die. Your most likely one of the pussys who say they have strep throat every time they get a sore throat then get defensive when someone asks if thats what the doctor said. It's very high school.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I had the same fucking shit for almost 3 weeks and finally got over it a couple days ago. I found drinking hot chocolate then really cold orange juice with chopped ice a good combination. Also drugs.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

when dac gets a i think im pregnant topic it is time to shoot dac in the head
:chew:
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

Megatron wrote:when dac gets a i think im pregnant topic it is time to shoot dac in the head
FOOL!! now Blargh is going to post one.
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

I was actually about to post such a subject about two weeks ago :/
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

I have a decent immune system, and yes i still worked and went to school(had to leave work early, and didn't care because its a shit job).

But i know sickness...having IBS is a fucking fun times. This was definitely strep, i just though iw as feelin kinda funky the first few days, then my throat dried up like none other and was shit for a day or two, so i just munched vitamin c and downed tea and went to work. but no, i don't get sick, when i do though its normally rough for a few days and then no to bad...hell, i had mono and didn't even fucking know. just thought it was some weird flue fluish thing. only found out when my doc bloodtested me.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Tingel Tangel wrote:I was actually about to post such a subject about two weeks ago :/
Go see a doctor
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

Nono, natural course took its way and I went through a week of chocolate cravings and bitching - all is fine and dandy again.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Tingel Tangel wrote:Nono, natural course took its way and I went through a week of chocolate cravings and bitching - all is fine and dandy again.
You better go cheating on DAC, filthy spawn of incestuous pseudo-Norsemen... with special emphasis on MEN.
���������