The Firearms Thread

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

When the russians get on to something good (7.62x54R) they'll never let go.
does this work
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

GUNS!! :dance:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

gats :afro:
Machiavelli
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Machiavelli »

Yeah 7.62x54r is a hell of a round especially since I got super heavy (184gr.) steel core sniper rounds developed for the draugnov rifle. I think they may be armor piercing but I'm not sure. Anyway out of my Nagant they went straight through a row of 6 poplar trees 20" in diameter. :joy:
The AK-47. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother#$^#&* in the room...... Accept no substitute.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

May not be AP..but i'm guessing would stand up to penetrate anything up to a tank. Steel core is quite intense.
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

Machiavelli wrote:Yeah 7.62x54r is a hell of a round especially since I got super heavy (184gr.) steel core sniper rounds developed for the draugnov rifle. I think they may be armor piercing but I'm not sure. Anyway out of my Nagant they went straight through a row of 6 poplar trees 20" in diameter. :joy:
yea its ap, or it was for back then, and they did that because it was cheaper to make, lead was more expensive than steel around then.

but they do make hunting rounds for the mosin nagant now, wolf ammo and bear makes some , its good ammo, i have no complaints,
but i still like my mill spec ammo i have multiple types of mill spec ammo for it to, made in different countries.

if you want to know more about the mosin nagant go to 7.62x54r.net

its a good site and a good beginning to your research on the gun.

im planning on buying a couple of nagant revolvers, their not expensive,
you can get one for about $82.00.
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Goretheglowingone wrote:im planning on buying a couple of nagant revolvers, their not expensive,
you can get one for about $82.00.

WHAT? THE ASSASSINATION REVOLVER THAT HAS THE CYLINDER THAT RACHETS FORWARD AND FIRES THOSE WIERD 7.62 MM NAGANT ROUNDS? PLEASE GIVE ME A LINK... :dance:
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

How much does a semi-automatic ak-47 go for, one of the newer models? There's some flea market going on around here soon and you can pick up some gattage there apparently and i need to know how much laundered money to bring with me
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

If it's a newer model, then it's not an AK "47" because the 47 is the year the model was invented/patented.
���������
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Dreadnought wrote:If it's a newer model, then it's not an AK "47" because the 47 is the year the model was invented/patented.
Wrong. There was a newer AK-47 made after 52 that were different from the first 48-51 models.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Yes, but it'd be an AK 47 AKS or one of the countless other variations. In relation to Naked_Lunch's post, it should be "A Kalashnikov assault rifle, model 47 or newer".
���������
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Nope, it's an AK-47. The AKS is a different model, it was introduced in 59. This is just a newer model of the AK-47.
Strider
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Strider »

Once an AK-47, always an AK-47.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Nope, it's an AK-47. The AKS is a different model, it was introduced in 59. This is just a newer model of the AK-47.
My bad, I was meant to say AKM.
But it even emphasizes my point. There are so many variations.

An AK 74 is technically identical to an AK 47, though the wooden parts of the 47 are replaced with synthetic materials. Bla blee bloo...
���������
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

It isn't an AKM either. It's a newer model of the AK 47 and is just named an AK-47, invalidating your statement of:
If it's a newer model, then it's not an AK "47" because the 47 is the year the model was invented/patented.
Nameless_One
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Nameless_One »

So sorry for interrupting your dialogue but if one of you guys have a pic. of this newer model of AK-47 ( Nicked with the name of ''Kalaşnikof'' in Turkish-nothing with it, I just wanted to wrote it down ) can you post it here please?
Strider
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Strider »

Strider wrote:Once an AK-47, always an AK-47.
Nameless_One
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Nameless_One »

...but dreadie wrote that some wooden parts changed with synthetic materials which is probably plastic-metal polymiers.That makes technically newer model`s balance&weight different.Through these reasons new one`s 'modelling' may be different.I am still curious about what is it looks like...
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

���������
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Wolfman Walt wrote:It isn't an AKM either. It's a newer model of the AK 47 and is just named an AK-47, invalidating your statement of:
AK-74 is different caliber even, it's chambered in 5.45 iirc.

How about every assault rifle is a Stg43 eh? Who cares, really, as long as it makes big holes.