New Poll, PoW

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

New Poll, PoW

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Community -> Update ]</strong>

I've finally updated the poll and the picture. Cheers to Dogmeatlives for an excellent piece of artwork.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Another year, another poll.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I only know about the megaton place, I haven't heard of the others. Can we get a small description of each before I make my decision?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

yeah, I don't recognize those names. Did I miss something?

Upon further inspection:

Megaton

Megaton is a town in the vincinity of Washington, DC built around the crater, where an undetonated nuclear bomb, which a part of the town worships as a miraculous sign from God. People took this unexploded bomb as a sign from God that He intended them to survive. This encouraged them to build their town around this bomb, using salvaged parts including a downed airline carrier. It is some haphazard construction, but no cars were used for there (cars explode all the time).

As the PC approaches Megaton, he/she could see scavenging or hunting birds circling above the city.

Places in Megaton include:

bomb at the bottom of the crater, lying in a pool of water, in which a single person is standing praying to the bomb,
Local Cult place (there is sign concerning it, pointing up the ramp),
Moriarty's Bar.

Vault 101

Vault 101 is a Vault-Tec Vault located somewhere near the East Coast of the United States. Its role in the Vault Experiment was to never open for any reason, cutting off the Vault residents completely from the outside world. After the Great War, this Vault was sealed for 200 years, until one young Vault 101 Dweller suddenly found out that his father, the only family he had, suddenly disappeared from the Vault. The Vault 101 Dweller decided to emerge from his home and look for his father in the outside world

Tenpenny Towers

Tenpenny Towers is a location in Fallout 3 that will be available to the Vault 101 Dweller only if he helps Mr. Burke blow up the town of Megaton.

I think this is the vantage point from where you blow up megaton..

Metro System

Metrorail, or simply Metro, is the rapid pre-War transit system of Washington, D.C., and neighboring communities in Maryland and Virginia. In 2277, tunnels can be used to move between the various settlements in the area, although a major part of the tunnels has been taken over by super mutants.

It is possible to activate the Metro Protectron robots by hacking into their control terminals. Once the Protectrons are functioning properly, they head out to patrol the subway tunnels and attack any super mutants who do not have a transfer handy[1].

Citadel/Pentagon

The Citadel is the headquarters of the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood of Steel, built into and beneath the ruins of the Pentagon in Washington, DC.

Springvale

Springvale will be one of the places featured in Fallout 3, located somewhere in Washington, DC, Virginia or Maryland (most likely in the area of Chevy Chase, Maryland).

It's a fairly deserted town, infested with giant ants.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallo ... ngvale.jpg

Rivet City

Rivet City is a large central population hub in Washington, DC, based in and around the remains of a crashed aircraft carrier.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/fallo ... rier_m.jpg

Paradise Falls

Paradise Falls is a place that will appear in Fallout 3. The town is centered around a converted strip mall and is being occupied by slavers[1].

It is shown in an early piece concept art by Craig Mullins, where several slavers are posing for a picture, standing over a dead body of a person wearing a suit of power armor. The image, published on May 22, 2007, shows a ramshackle, ruined townscape, with a sign for a "Satellite ride" in the foreground and the 1964 New York World's Fair's "Unisphere" theme sculpture in the background.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/fallo ... mall_m.jpg

Capital Wasteland

Capital Wasteland is a large expanse of open areas with caves, raider camps, etc. in the area of the former Washington, DC around the more urban areas of Downtown DC[1].

Other might include:

The White House
Lincoln Memorial
Bethesda's Office building
etc...
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

i want to visit Rocket Falls where rockets fall.
Liam
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Liam »

Vault 101 - how to vault a vault

Also, release the real POWs ffs >:(
Soul brotha, this is a white man's war!
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I wonder if my old house will be in the game. It was close enough to the Capitol Building to warrant it, I imagine. Maybe they could put some sort of graffiti on the wall, like King of Creation was here or something.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Maybe you could create the house, or what's left of it, with the Oblivion editor. Then release the mod on DAC so we all can pay you a visit IN-GAME. How awesome is that? :eyebrow:
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

King of Creation wrote:I wonder if my old house will be in the game. It was close enough to the Capitol Building to warrant it, I imagine. Maybe they could put some sort of graffiti on the wall, like King of Creation was here or something.
yeah we'll se if they care about the community or not :eyebrow:
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Theo, wir fahren nach Lodz.
���������
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

King of Creation wrote:I wonder if my old house will be in the game. It was close enough to the Capitol Building to warrant it, I imagine. Maybe they could put some sort of graffiti on the wall, like King of Creation was here or something.
This is assuming they pay attention to Fallout fansites, of course....
Goretheradiatingone
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Goretheradiatingone »

eat shit dreddy, my pops named me after a fat cartoon chipmunk, i have legaly changed my name , but i still have my old Email.
the greatist thing since sliced bread.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

You fucking suck.
���������
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

and you suck fucking.
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN