Left4Dead

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Left4Dead

Post by cazsim83 »

holy crap, this game looks awesome.
Like being in 28 days later, except with guns, which aren't basically outlawed like our British neighbors have done.
When it comes out, who's gonna be on XBL so we can play? Sugarbooger? Killzing? Hatman? C'mon......

http://www.l4d.com/
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I'll get it on PC. Till then Zombie Panic Source is the way to go.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

The mod community is the *one* thing I really hate about xbox, and miss about PC

http://www.zombiepanic.org/site/index.php
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

This game sucks, but that is ok for console fags. :drunk:

And 28 days later? More like *insert random zombie killing action movie name".
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

what movie before that had zombies that could move as fast as humans? and I mean a good movie, I've seen a couple zombie flicks from the 50's and 60's and they were teh crap, even though the 'zombies' could move quickly, because they were hypnotized humans, not actually 'dead'.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

well they weren't really dead in 28 Days Later, they were just infected. Whats your point?
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I was excited about Left 4 Dead until the following:

-Lots of delays. I still don't know when the hell it's supposed to come out.
-Pistols have infinite ammo. Kinda destroys the survivalist hoarding factor doesn't it?
-Players walk right through each other. I can understand doing this to keep one dude from blocking a door. On the other hand, I've been playing SvenCoop for years and there are easy ways around it. Like votekick/votekill or hitting a guy with a crowbar to "pull them". Taking away the ability to interact with other players is a big deal. Not being able to boost each other to higher areas like roofs and shit will suck ass.
-Still haven't seen any gameplay from the zombie side. It sounds intriguing, except it probably sucks. Why else wouldn't they show it after announcing the game years ago?
-Uses the Source engine. Every game using Half Life 2's Source engine is a buggy disaster. They still refuse to admit to major driver issues, sound skipping, and other bullshit that should've been fixed 6 months into 2005. As a result, the few developers stupid enough to use Source are stuck with these problems.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Don't forget that you can see your friends through walls, the terrible AI which blocks doorways, no iron sights and shooting mechanics ported from cs. And for somebody this standard run of the mill rambo FPS action reminds 28 days later... :rolleyes:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I'm looking forward to it but I haven't really kept into touch of the exact details that are developing. What Mad Max said is kind of disappointing but I think the game will still be fun. Anything with zombie and you having to survive like realistically sounds awesome. Perhaps mammas gang can lead a group to victory.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I haven't heard about it before, but it looks like a watered down version of Stalker.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I believe it's coming out later this year, as for the blocking, I'm happy to go either way. Blockers are the bane of my existence for Zombie Panic (nothing like the last surv being saved by his blocking zombie friend). And unless such a kick/workaround function was implemented directly into the game (which I doubt), then I'd rather not have to deal with it.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I'll be grabbing this one for the PC. I just logged onto STEAM for the first time in years and let Peggle into my anus. It was glorious. Need to get my PC up to snuff for Fallout 3, no chance in hell I'm playing that one without mods.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I'm looking forward to it but I haven't really kept into touch of the exact details that are developing. What Mad Max said is kind of disappointing but I think the game will still be fun. Anything with zombie and you having to survive like realistically sounds awesome. Perhaps mammas gang can lead a group to victory.
Dear Pooper,
Did you know that I picture you looking like the guy in your avatar? I don't think it's because your personality reminds me of him, but rather I see him whenever I read your posts so that's who you've become in my eyes. The same goes for JGHG.
Love,
Dogmeatlives
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Pete Hines and me are very a like.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Pete Hines and me are very a like.

Coz everyone thinks you're a retard when u smile? :?
NakedLunch
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by NakedLunch »

no they're both struggling to bring their vision to life but are rejected by a world that cannot simply understand the genius. such is the fate of Gods.
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

ZPS sure is neat.