The Army Diary

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

I look forward to the part in your diary where you step on an IED and fucking finally end your miserable existence.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

STFU yankee doodle

I am amazed at quite how well your cuntry's propaganda machine works.

Weak minded fool.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Hammer wrote:I look forward to the part in your diary where you step on an IED and fucking finally end your miserable existence.
That's funny, I'm looking forwards to the day you end your pitiful life in an accident with one of your weapons.

Or get killed by a crazed gun enthusiast... Wouldn't that be ironic.
Testicular Pugilist
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

And I'm looking forward to the time that the remnants of your personality inevitably follow the few, allegedly interesting aspects into death. Yes.

O GODS THIS COULD BE LIKE A RILLY COOL FORUM GAME YOU GUYS WHAT WITH A BETTING POOL AND REAL LYFE IMPLICATIONS

:drunk:
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Hammer is the only one of the forum members who is fucking TERR('IST)IFIED of white powder in envelopes. How do you bake your bread?
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Blargh wrote:And I'm looking forward to the time that the remnants of your personality inevitably follow the few, allegedly interesting aspects into death.
Why? Is your interest in me that big?

Yes.
Not likely.
Testicular Pugilist
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

rabidpeanut wrote:Hammer is the only one of the forum members who is fucking TERR('IST)IFIED of white powder in envelopes. How do you bake your bread?
Cocaine.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Hammer wrote:
rabidpeanut wrote:Hammer is the only one of the forum members who is fucking TERR('IST)IFIED of white powder in envelopes. How do you bake your bread?
Cocaine.
awesome.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Face of Ashes wrote:Why
'Tis applicable to most humans. Personal velocity the only variable. So . . .
Ehuehuehue wrote:interest
No. Observation is passive. Hinging upon the figurative ? Ha. :drunk:
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Blargh wrote: No. Observation is passive. Hinging upon the figurative ? Ha. :drunk:
Better than hinging on speaking like a whackjob for the last 4 years.
Testicular Pugilist
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Purity of essence
mere words cannot do justice to Blargh's eternal wisdom :salute:
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Thor Kaufman wrote:Purity of essence
Do you know when they started flouridating water? 1946. How's that for your post-war communist conspiracy?

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Building and setting up booby-traps, explosive devices, destroying bridges, semi-guerrilla tactics etc. is actually one of the many things Finnish infantrymen are taught to use against the better equipped and larger in numbers mechanized infantry - exactly the kinds of troops and units that the Great Powers use. When numbers and facts are against you and there's no "handicap" involved, there's no reason to play fair. You can beat body armor with good marksmanship and a heavily armored vehicle with well-placed package of Comp B inside of a copper cone. Pity is weakness, some say.

The IED you or your buddy steps on might actually be improvised by a guy like me. Go figure.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

OnTheBounce wrote:
Thor Kaufman wrote:Purity of essence
Do you know when they started flouridating water? 1946. How's that for your post-war communist conspiracy?

OTB
flouridating water? more like the jews poisoning wells, amirite?
spacemoose
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by spacemoose »

Kashluk wrote:Building and setting up booby-traps, explosive devices, destroying bridges, semi-guerrilla tactics etc. is actually one of the many things Finnish infantrymen are taught to use against the better equipped and larger in numbers mechanized infantry - exactly the kinds of troops and units that the Great Powers use. When numbers and facts are against you and there's no "handicap" involved, there's no reason to play fair. You can beat body armor with good marksmanship and a heavily armored vehicle with well-placed package of Comp B inside of a copper cone. Pity is weakness, some say.
that's pretty badass, you must be the cock of the walk of your barracks :M
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Bereft of cold metal instruments wrote::M
That, or his perennially manly chin. Either way . . . :drunk:
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Blargh wrote:
Face of Ashes wrote:Why
'Tis applicable to most humans. Personal velocity the only variable. So . . .
Ehuehuehue wrote:interest
No. Observation is passive. Hinging upon the figurative ? Ha. :drunk:
personal velocity is relative, as is observation. Nothing is passive.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Date: June 30th 2008

Progress: 99 % (4/362 days left)

Situated at: 2nd Company, Infantry reserve officer training course, Reserve Officer School

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm feeling fine. Extraordinary fine! Demobilization's next Friday and I've been invited to a
big, fancy party the following weekend. I can foresee a lot of alcohol consuming, partying, big
cars and loud music in my not-so-distant-future. And of course a promotion and saying goodbye
to some of the best friends I've ever had. Times of change are drawing nearer each minute.

Slowly, step by step, I'm trying to change my thinking again. About a year ago I was nervous
how I might survive this whole conscription and military service thing, but now I'm more worried
about how I'm ever going to get a grab of civilian life again. No more salutes, combat training,
marches, parades, having your own assault rifle(!), leading 80 people with little pieces of brass
on your chest, APC rides or having three round meals per day and never worrying about laundry.
I'm even going to begin my studies on September, yuck. Couldn't really care less about university
right this very moment. But I guess even I can settle down, "mold back in shape" and learn to live
like normal people again. Sigh. These have been good times. Awesome times.

I've grown my hair back, no more Mr. Baldy. Been shopping some furniture for my apartment
in Jyväskylä as well. Got engaged with mi'lass. Don't need to start my life over all alone. At times like
these I feel like I'm in middle of a big storm or a hurricane, that throws things out of place and
brings in new ones constantly in my life. But something still stays and never wears off:

Duck And Cover :salute:

And so does my Army Diary come to an end. There's still the "epilogue" part, but there will be no
more notable military events in my life. Or so I've planned, but I guess you'll never know
about the future, eh? Here's a few photographs from the awarding ceremony I mentioned earlier.
The gray-haired old guy in uniform is a retired general with plenty of merits and the "carrot-haired"
lady is our head of state. That's me in the camo with a stunned look on my face.

Cheers & ciao!

ImageImage Image

Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Much congrats. I have no worry that this record of excellence will be one that extends into your further civilian life.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

you'll probably be like Rambo in Rambo I

I wish I was back in Bragg now :salute: