Gameplay footage!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

VasikkA wrote:
Frater Perdurabo wrote:What was the Van Buren storyline anyway?
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Van_Buren
Who am I? D:
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

S4ur0n27 wrote:
Who am I? D:
Who am I? :todd:
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

VasikkA wrote:Is nobody bothered with inclusion of super mutants and the Enclave in Fallout 3? Both of these 'threats' were eliminated in the previous games. Bethesda probably thought it'd be cool to include shit from previous games instead of creating new plot elements of their own. Apparently the BoS from Tactics also seemed a good idea. In a truly 'lol, continuity, what is that?' -fashion, they'll probably figure out a loophole in the story to justify these changes.
Supermutants I can understand being there, since they did retreat across the mountains to the east. Not too impressed about the Enclave/BoS inclusions. But them being in there doesn't surprise me at all. I just hope that there's enough meat in the game (Set, etc). But I think that's a tad too much to wish for.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Every singe article or video I see for FO3 makes me less and less eager to even humor myself by playing it, how depressing.
mixmastermind
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by mixmastermind »

cazsim83 wrote:
mixmastermind wrote: I also liked that the Elevator in the Washington Monument was still working.
Please tell me this is sarcasm? Sometimes it don't come across so well on the 'nets....?

I think fast travel stairs would suit just fine, no? :eyebrow:
I thought the sarcasm was rather evident. The Toddster mentioned taking the elevator to the top of the Washington Monument.

That's rather retarded.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

um...am i the only one who thinks the graphics look like ABSOLUTE SHIT? To me newer games seem to be regressing in graphics. it seems like all their fancy bloom and shit goes into ONE part of the game while the rest looks like shitty cardboard....it almost looks like it should be good which is the worst part and makes it total ass. the enclave robot floating thingies would be cool except really, to me, the marching music overdoes it a little bit...that and actually having the enclave in the game...thoroughly unimpressed.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

mixmastermind wrote:The Toddster mentioned taking the elevator to the top of the Washington Monument.

That's rather retarded.
qfe

Explaining the Enclave in the game is really quite easy. Despite blowing Frank Horrigan into a thousand pieces, he was made like the T1000 from Terminator 2. It took him quite some time but all his pieces found each other once again.

Once he became whole, he began training a new, elite few to begin propagating the Enclave ideo, and spread them into the world, much like Jesus and the Discples.

Continuity issues? No problem. You see, with all the new Wasteland radiation, portholes into Obliv...uh...the time space continuum were opened, and Horrigan happened to find this, which is why it's before Fallout anything or whatever.

p.s. - Yes Bethesda, I'll accept that PR job now :drunk:
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Caleb wrote:um...am i the only one who thinks the graphics look like ABSOLUTE SHIT?
I haven't been paying attention to this aspect since I don't give a flying fuck about it.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Caleb wrote:um...am i the only one who thinks the graphics look like ABSOLUTE SHIT? To me newer games seem to be regressing in graphics. it seems like all their fancy bloom and shit goes into ONE part of the game while the rest looks like shitty cardboard....it almost looks like it should be good which is the worst part and makes it total ass. the enclave robot floating thingies would be cool except really, to me, the marching music overdoes it a little bit...that and actually having the enclave in the game...thoroughly unimpressed.
the only game that atually tried to get their graphics good is crysis.

And mebe the one on the ps3 with the dragons lair i think and the rest have cunted out inot meiocrirty. :drunk:
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

The only thing that I found mildly entertaining was the lockpicking effect, which beats clicking on a button, and the addition of radio station, which unfortunately reminds me of the Burnout games. Other than that it was complete rubbish, with Doom-like visuals and ridiculous ragdoll NPCs. It's also completely derivative, with nary an original thought in sight. Bos, Enclave, Supermutants and nothing else, it seems.

It is a fucking Fallout skin. The jocks will love it. They'll be buying all the Fallout 2009 and Fallout 2010 expansion packs too.
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

THE FUCKING ENCLAVE IS IN THIS GAME
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
mixmastermind
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by mixmastermind »

jetbaby wrote:THE FUCKING ENCLAVE IS IN THIS GAME
Yes. Yes They are. And there's not a damn thing we can do about it.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

mixmastermind wrote:
We can spread Pete Hines pedophile pictures.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Mechanurgist wrote: it was complete rubbish, with Doom-like visuals and ridiculous ragdoll NPCs.

It is a fucking Fallout skin. The jocks will love it. They'll be buying all the Fallout 2009 and Fallout 2010 expansion packs too.
Ragdoll NPCs...I seem to recall another game I played last year that was kind of like that.

I think that's what disappoints me the most is that it really is Oblivion with guns. That's not just a fan complaining, or mob mentality kicking in. It *really* is Oblivion with guns. For the mistakes that showed up shortly into playing Oblivion, I did enjoy myself, mostly by exploring and doing the Mages Guild quests and the Dark Brotherhood quests, but finding that nasty troll up in the mountains was cool, among a few other things.

If you wanted to make an Oblivion game with another skin, then by all means, Oblivion was very popular/successful, so make another set in a different world. Some of the changes make a lot of sense, making the focus moreso on survival is pretty neat, anyway, I'm getting off on a tangent.

If you want to make Oblivion, make Oblivion. Not Fallout. :chew:
mixmastermind wrote:
Yes we can. We can blow them to friggin hell, or ignore them (by not purchasing Fallout Pee).
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

I think I'd rather play Mirror's Edge. At least it's honest about what it is. Fallout 3 seems to be dripping dishonesty ("It's an RPG, really! I mean, there are guys talking, and, like, you have the Bloody Mess trait!").
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Actually the best quest of them all in Oblivion, was the one where you went into a painting.
Which wasn't superb, but it was the only noteworthy time in the game.
Testicular Pugilist
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

I kept all the painted troll blood because I thought it was special. :eyebrow: