The Movies, Music, and Games thread

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Rented In Bruge last night, amazing movie.
No it wasn't. I feel asleep multiple times and its perhaps one of the weirdest pick I've been hearing people say as a great movie. I'm starting to question your taste in movies, susan. I'm actually renting some jap movies just because of you too.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

No, I'm questionning your tastes, poopie D:
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

You're talking to a guy who thinks the female voice on the phone in the trailer for Eagle Eye sounds like a computer. Instead of what it actually sounds like, which is a female voice on the phone. Clearly this is someone with a distorted perception of reality.

EDIT: You know what's a good song? "Special" by Garbage. It just came up on my shuffle and I'd forgotten how catchy it is. YouTube it.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Subhuman wrote:You're talking to a guy who thinks the female voice on the phone in the trailer for Eagle Eye sounds like a computer. Instead of what it actually sounds like, which is a female voice on the phone. Clearly this is someone with a distorted perception of reality.
No, it was phonelike whenever Shia LaJew and the chick was talking to her(it) via phone, and computerlike in all the Pentagon scenes. That's two different tones of voice, which totally broke the immersion for me. :sadblinky:

S4ur0n27 wrote:No, I'm questionning your tastes, poopie D:
qfe

In Bruges was well-paced and had an awesome finale.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Subhuman wrote:You're talking to a guy who thinks the female voice on the phone in the trailer for Eagle Eye sounds like a computer. Instead of what it actually sounds like, which is a female voice on the phone. Clearly this is someone with a distorted perception of reality.

EDIT: You know what's a good song? "Special" by Garbage. It just came up on my shuffle and I'd forgotten how catchy it is. YouTube it.

It sounds like a computer generated type of voice. It's the type of voice you hear on answering machines and out of order phone numbers.

I'm seriously wondering if your trying to bust my balls are you really are that stupid? Remember the computer from 2001, did it sound like a normal guy talking to the other guy?

Also, In bruges had an okay ending but the whole film was just a slow and somewhat pointless movie. It's an okay film but to call it a fuckin awesome movie is just wrong.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Its like a emotionless voice and thats why it sounds computerish right? Or do you mean like a copy pasted voice from differant clips?
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Pooper wrote:It sounds like a computer generated type of voice. It's the type of voice you hear on answering machines and out of order phone numbers.
Fucking...no it doesn't. It sounds like a woman speaking in a businesslike, flat voice over a telephone. If it sounded like a vocoder or SHODAN from System Shock or Stephen Hawking's talkbox, I could see your point, but...it doesn't.
I'm seriously wondering if your trying to bust my balls are you really are that stupid? Remember the computer from 2001, did it sound like a normal guy talking to the other guy?
No, because there were filters put on the actor's voice. There aren't any audible filters, clicks, abnormal stutters, or any other technical giveaway that would indicate the woman on the phone in Eagle Eye is an artificial voice.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

In Bruges was awesome : great great acting, interesting characters, good story, good ending, funny lines, some action scenes; for once Colin Farrell played in a good movie, and was good in a movie.

And yeah, Special is an awesome song, but to me, what makes Garbage so good is that all of their songs are pretty much equally good. At least from the first album and from 2.0. I didn't listen much to Bleed Like Me and am not sure if they released anything else. I sometimes get personnal favorites, but they seem to change with time, and I can say all the songs from the first two albums were, at some point, my favorites.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Subhuman wrote:Fucking...no it doesn't. It sounds like a woman speaking in a businesslike, flat voice over a telephone. If it sounded like a vocoder or SHODAN from System Shock or Stephen Hawking's talkbox, I could see your point, but...it doesn't.
Then how come the globe in Eagle eye room talks computerlike?
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Subhuman wrote:
Pooper wrote:It sounds like a computer generated type of voice. It's the type of voice you hear on answering machines and out of order phone numbers.
Fucking...no it doesn't. It sounds like a woman speaking in a businesslike, flat voice over a telephone. If it sounded like a vocoder or SHODAN from System Shock or Stephen Hawking's talkbox, I could see your point, but...it doesn't.
No, because there were filters put on the actor's voice. There aren't any audible filters, clicks, abnormal stutters, or any other technical giveaway that would indicate the woman on the phone in Eagle Eye is an artificial voice.
The voice sounded like a woman of course but the way it spoke felt like it was a computer in the sense of the movie. In reality it really was a woman doing the voices but it was spoken in such a manner that it felt like it was AI and that was part of the point. It's like in any movie with an AI unit that talks to humans, I'm an expert on this stuff so believe me.

It's a really advance fuckin computer. I didn't even read into the movie and I guessed it the right from the start, its obvious.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

You said you guessed it from a 30-second TV commercial, which is entirely different from seeing the actual movie, in context, and making educated guesses about the plot. I called bullshit on your claim that the commercial makes it SO OBVIOUS that the woman is a computer, because if it was so obvious they wouldn't put it in the commercial.

You spoilered without alerting. Accept it, and stop acting like we're all stupid for not coming to that conclusion ourselves.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

There there now, let's not argue. Lets be friends and happy :)
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Are you going to play out the last South Park episode?
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Subhuman wrote:You said you guessed it from a 30-second TV commercial, which is entirely different from seeing the actual movie, in context, and making educated guesses about the plot. I called bullshit on your claim that the commercial makes it SO OBVIOUS that the woman is a computer, because if it was so obvious they wouldn't put it in the commercial.

You spoilered without alerting. Accept it, and stop acting like we're all stupid for not coming to that conclusion ourselves.
Considering how many people think I have horrible taste in movies and my slow to understand what happening in some movies, its pretty big okay. If I can guess it so easily you should be able to do it also.

From the preview he gets a call on the phone out of no where, he is told to duck in 5 seconds, there is a sign on the other building when he hangs up the phone, he has to jump at the exact time to land on the subway. So if it wasn'y an AI it would have to be a pretty un interesting movie since then you have multiple swell guy like a guy on the crane and then someone for the sign. It was entirely predictable because it was just predictable.

Perhaps I didn't know for sure that it was AI from the previews but as watching it even I figured it was even before they revealed it.

Also, you guy always want me to give more details about the movie. Hope this helps.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Just finished Zombie Strippers! with my cohabitant and I must say it was a true jewel of cinematic arts. Five thumbs up! Definitely worth a watch. :revolution:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I'm intrigued, but I'd like to hear vx' take on the movie.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Watched No Country for Old Men. Good, not great, definitely not the Coen Bros.' best movie. There's some kind of message in it about the nature of evil and the banality of crime, but it's foggy at best. There's really nothing to hold on to and remember after the film stops rolling; it's a very well-made movie that I felt no attachment to.

Also finally watched The Silence of the Lambs all the way through, I've only seen parts of it before now. Hannibal Lecter doesn't really have as much impact after you've seen him parodied a million times, but the ending is still pretty great in that gets-your-blood-pumping kind of way, even if it's really just a "killer in the house" cat and mouse chase.

Oh, AND. I want you all to go out and buy (or rent) the first season of Mad Men on DVD. Don't question it, just do it.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

In case the sarcasm escaped my babbling, I would like to elaborate: the movie sucked ass. Terribly. It's one of those camp, turkey, whatever B movies you call them. Get drunk before watching it or possibly high, both together is even better.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Zombie Strippers was awesome. Grab a few beers and get ready for a tits movie, because it's exactly what you'll get.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Can't wait for Aronofsky's Robocop :dribble:
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons