WotLK

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Icabod »

Out of 11 million "artards" I'm sure at least one of them did the dirty, 2 if they are a wow playing couple.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Does cybering in WoW count?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Probably. Most definitely, if you ask from the crowd themselves.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

MR Snake wrote:You are all a bunch of nolife loosers.
Seriously.

oo I plan to get my homo priest up to level 80 by playing uber leet with my guild and kill the dragon.

shut the fuck up artards and go out and fuck.
MR Snake - get out of this thread and quit flaming please.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:11 million
Was that an argument? :rofl:

You know, there just might be 11+ million people who enjoy stuffing strange objects into their butthole, but it still doesn't make it recommendable.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

VasikkA wrote:

You know, there just might be 11+ million people who enjoy stuffing strange objects into their butthole, but it still doesn't make it recommendable.
Also most people who ever lived ended up dying, but people are still out there hard at work living. I think they just do it for attention.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

soi soi soi.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

cazsim83 wrote:
MR Snake wrote:You are all a bunch of nolife loosers.
Seriously.

oo I plan to get my homo priest up to level 80 by playing uber leet with my guild and kill the dragon.

shut the fuck up artards and go out and fuck.
MR Snake - get out of this thread and quit flaming please.
Why dont you stop crying and go out and find yourself a life. Wow geeks man.. I spit on them on sight.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

And you're not a geek for talking shit behind a computer screen?
Last edited by jimmypneumatic on Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

*shrugs*
He's hating. It's alright.
Not all of us are raging fanatics that spend every single waking moment in front of our screens, raiding or PvPing.
I have studies, a job and a social circle that I love spending time with. Furthermore, my greater passion will always be books. WoW's something I fit in between and do when needing breaks from other things. And that's even though I'm Vice GM of one of my realms largest guilds.

You're the shallowminded one for automatically assuming that WoW-players are losers with no life outside of Azeroth/Outlands/Northrend.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

MR Snake wrote: geeks man.. I spit on them on sight.
So you drool on yourself continuously when you look in a mirror?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

VasikkA wrote:

No, it was not an argument, it was a statement of fact. WoW has over 11 million subscribed accounts.
And no, this has no reflection on the quality of the gameplay whatsoever. In fact, I am on the verge of calling it quits with this game, would be about fucking time.
Unlike most people, I do not play WoW for the social aspect, quite frankly I have no emotional attachment whatsoever to the community, even though I'm in a well respected "hardcore" raiding guild.
The reason for why I play WoW is a sole one, namely I love the boss encounters, I love the fact that they are difficult, making up strategies to down a boss, etc, the raiding aspect of the game, it's all good fun.
My guild got world #110 kill on Kil'Jaeden, the final boss of the last expansion, who was in the Sunwell Plateu, most difficult raid instance to have ever been released by Blizzard. We spent months learning the boss encounters in there and the fact that they were so finely tuned to be so fucking difficult was what made it fun, I loved every second of it.

With the new expansion that came out last Wednesday night, Blizzard have taken a massive step to deliver content to the masses, housewives that only play 1-2h per day who whinge that they cannot have all the best items in the game (only about 1% of the WoW playerbase experienced the Sunwell Plateau, and only a fraction of those killed the final boss in it) and to general douchebags and in order to cater for this, the game has been dumbed down a great deal within the past few months. The focus has shifted a lot more to lore. I'm not some swell guy furry that jerks off to night elves or some shitty storyline, in fact I have absolutely no idea about reasons for why any of the bosses are in the game or why stuff happens, because I don't give a shit.

Already two days into the expansion, the top raiding guild in the world has leveled to 80 and killed every single raid boss in the game in one afternoon, with 20 people (raids having been optimized for 25), and not all were 80. Whereas Blizzard did state earlier that they will be making entry level raids easier this is just too fucking much of a dumb down. Yes, there are still unreleased instances that will be coming with new patches, but the developers have already said that Sunwell Plateau was a mistake and that they will never make content that difficult again.

When it comes to computer games, I have always been a tiresome obsessive. Games have always been a hobby for me and quite often I do take it quite far, "hardcore" is what I love about computer games. Before I played WoW, I was one of the best Druids in Diablo II, in Europe (which is considered to be the main realm for PvP as well). Before playing Diablo II, I played Counterstrike at a very high level (the only reason for why I quit was because I moved and had a very shitty connection, which basically halted my play at that level). I used to be a WoW basher as well (fuck orcs and elves) but because a very large playerbase from games that I loved kept switching over, and my brother getting the game and persuading me to try it finally made me switch. I hated the leveling process, the lore and the swell guy associated with it and was on the verge of quitting for a long time, but when I finally got raiding, I found the challenge in the game and started enjoying it. Removing this challenge has pretty much removed my raison d'etre in this game, as I feel no attachment whatsoever to any other factor in this game.

If WoW no longer caters for my desire for a "hardcore" gaming experience, then I will find another game that will.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Well, lots of new ones coming out around now and into the next few months; take your pick.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Yes you are geeks. Playing wow means an automatic 5h a day minium or else your not grinded enough to take place in the instances who each take about 3h, and thats with a good guild.

Save up your DKP man so you can get the flaming sword of anal penetration.
Tingel Tangle, something tells me that either you do not study that much, are brilliant enough to not need that many lessons which is odd because then you would not play wow. Or your just not that good in school.

9/10 wow players suck in school and in general.

So spare me your comments you wow playing loosers, this is one guy thats earning money and fucking on a daily basis.

:drunk:
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

MR Snake wrote: 9/10 wow players suck in school and in general.
:drunk:
The three people I know who do play it actually do quite well - one of them has graduated already and was in the top 10 percent?

Also - just picked this up yesterday - as soon as I figure out the authentication key I will be playing - so...before Friday I figure.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

cazsim83 wrote: Also - just picked this up yesterday - as soon as I figure out the authentication key I will be playing - so...before Friday I figure.
Good, no more katzim in DAC :clap:
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

cazsim83 wrote:was in the top 10 percent?
Geeks usually are :rockon: We rule.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

entertainer wrote:
cazsim83 wrote: Also - just picked this up yesterday - as soon as I figure out the authentication key I will be playing - so...before Friday I figure.
Good, no more katzim in DAC :clap:
qfe
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

MR Snake wrote: So spare me your comments you wow playing loosers, this is one guy thats earning money and fucking on a daily basis.
Getting rammed in the ass by syphillitic strangers for money counts as both?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

MR Snake wrote: Tingel Tangle, something tells me that either you do not study that much, are brilliant enough to not need that many lessons which is odd because then you would not play wow. Or your just not that good in school.
It's Tingel Tangel - atleast I still know how to read.
Also, you mean "you're". As in "you are", not "your" as in you own something. Oh, and, it's WoW, since it's an abbreviation.

Furthermore, I study political science. Self studies. It's all about the reading, not the lessons. And thank you, I do read quite well and do easily follow up on the general idea of the courses I take.