WotLK

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

MR Snake wrote:Yes you are geeks. Playing wow means an automatic 5h a day minium or else your not grinded enough to take place in the instances who each take about 3h, and thats with a good guild.
You sure seem to know alot about this process for someone who acts as though trying WoW is a death sentence. Tell us more....
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I thought this thread was going to be about that Warhammer MMORPG but since it isn't I now wonder how the game did? It was supposed to be like the only game to actually stand up to WoW but it seems it must have failed since I barely heard anything from it at all.

Also, I'm glad I never played WoW I probably would have been hooked on it years ago and I would be a different person and have a giant nose like tingel.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Wolfman Walt wrote:
MR Snake wrote:Yes you are geeks. Playing wow means an automatic 5h a day minium or else your not grinded enough to take place in the instances who each take about 3h, and thats with a good guild.
You sure seem to know alot about this process for someone who acts as though trying WoW is a death sentence. Tell us more....

Well I have a friend who is hooked on this shit. Its an addictive game that basically takes all your time away from other shit, this friend had an F average after highschool and has no job and no plans to continue school. He is a looser basically and its all WoWs fault.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Tingel Tangel wrote:
MR Snake wrote: Tingel Tangle, something tells me that either you do not study that much, are brilliant enough to not need that many lessons which is odd because then you would not play wow. Or your just not that good in school.
It's Tingel Tangel - atleast I still know how to read.
Also, you mean "you're". As in "you are", not "your" as in you own something. Oh, and, it's WoW, since it's an abbreviation.

Furthermore, I study political science. Self studies. It's all about the reading, not the lessons. And thank you, I do read quite well and do easily follow up on the general idea of the courses I take.
I have made it clear on numerous occations that I am a fast and lazy typer who does not even bother to care about his spelling on this forum. Also you correcting my grammar just shows how insecure you are. And I wrote Tingel Tangel, not sure what your point with that was.
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

No, me correcting your grammar and turning away from the actual 'arguments' of your post doesn't show that I'm insecure, but rather my disdain towards you making general assumptions about WoW-players' academic level, including my own, simply because you happen to know someone who does badly because of it.

I study one of the hardest courses in the country, enlisted on the university most known for its thoroughness and demands of its students - and I do well. Furthermore, I have a job next to it, at which I also do pretty well. More so, I choose going to parties, having dinner with friends and other social encounters over a raid any day. Lastly, I take days breaks from WoW seeing as I travel the country teaching courses for the National Federation of Business Students in Denmark. I recent your attempts to demean my doings and abilities simply because you carry a grudge towards the game because it made a friend of yours suffer. It's narrow-minded and shallow to do so.

And, also, you wrote Tingel Tangle, which you'd have noticed if you read the quote or backtracked to your own post - being lazy shouldn't make you mistype names. I'm a fast typer as well, but I at least make an effort.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

I really dont care to make an effort to be honest.
And if you had noticed, I wrote, you are either brilliant or stupid.

You chose to take it as if I ment you were stupid-

What that implies well, thats up for debate isnt it.
And as I really do not want to insult you any further ill just stop it here and end it with WoW being the evil of the universe which surely will degrate the world to ignorance and nuclear war.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Tingel Tangel wrote:enlisted on the university most known for its thoroughness and demands of its students
But hey, come on, it's Denmark. It's, like, one step ahead of Finland, so it doesn't really tell that much, now does it? ;)
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

<3
Kash, baby, we should talk more often :chick:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Now, now there. My Mrs. sometimes reads what I type on the interwebs behind my back and I doubt she would approve. But yeah, political science for the win.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

What a massive amount of pointless whine...

The game is fine, it's just based on how much time you want to waste/spend.
Honestly it seems more like people are jealous because they can't find anything interesting or alluring about it

I'm just saying... if all of you are so far above playing this game, then how come you can't be above whining aobut it so much?

As for me, my apartment has been filled to the brim with people and we've been playing since wednesday.
So far pretty fun, I'm 79, lots of good quests and fun content.

Instances seem watered down and it's very obvious that they cater to casuals mainly.
Testicular Pugilist
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Kashluk wrote:one step ahead
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Hey - I'm thinking about starting a 55 death knight - any of you WoW nerds (:wink:) heard any local player feedback about the DKs? Wanted to play Blood Elf - I like them.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

They're overpowered. :D

What do you want to know though?

If you're a casual player, then Death Knights are definately fun to play as.
You start out with great gear(not to mention epic looking), there's a very good storyline that progresses and changes the world around you as you complete the quests and everything is just so nicely done.

From a raider's perspective, I wouldn't know.
I haven't tried them much more than to level 60 myself, and I don't really understand the rotation yet.
My guess is they'll do as well as anyone else in both tanking and dps.

PvP - No idea yet. All that I've met, I've devastated within seconds, but that's likely to change when they get decent gear compared to mine.

I'd like to add that in WoTLK they've implemented instanced play, so that the world changes according to your step in the world.
It actually feels like the world changes after the efforts you've done, and that's the most epic thing of all to see in an RPG or MMO, in my opinion.
Testicular Pugilist
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

I've only leveled to 73, and if i have another dragon aspect quest giver, I'll turn in my daggers. I know there's a lot of warcraft back-reading to do, but seriously reading the quest text is becoming something of a chore. I'm so glad for questhelper. Complete, accept and move on.

I'd like to add that in WoTLK they've implemented instanced play, so that the world changes according to your step in the world.
By this do you mean the quest chains are tied to the dungeon quests? I really haven't seen too much of these "world changes" you speak of, but maybe it's because I haven't leveled that high yet...
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Happens more often after level 75-76
Testicular Pugilist
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Question from curious non-player- How can you change the gaming world when other players do the same missions for the same result? I mean, are the changes physical ones to the buildings or something, and if so, do other players not see the changes as well?
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Other players on the same step of the quests, see what you see. If you're on different steps, you can't help eachother, but that's not really a big issue. Most content is solo-able.

Mostly items change, npcs, buildings, weather that sort of thing. The terrain itself doesn't, apart from decals, texture or extra things like plants.
Testicular Pugilist
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Smiley wrote:Other players on the same step of the quests, see what you see. If you're on different steps, you can't help eachother, but that's not really a big issue. Most content is solo-able.

Mostly items change, npcs, buildings, weather that sort of thing. The terrain itself doesn't, apart from decals, texture or extra things like plants.
Huh, that's very interesting. One of my main gripes with MMOs is that you don't seem to be able to affect the world in any substantial way. It's cool to hear that they are able to do that now at least to some degree. I'll start playing MMOs, though, when VR sex is incorporated successfully, and by successfully I mean capable of busting one's nut.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Never been past 20 myself - my brother's always had an acct but I just never got into it except recently - finally starting to build a B Elf Pally - although I haven't read enough to know where to start spending my skill points or whatever they're called once you hit lvl 10.

Just barely bought some super swag from the local auction house - which helped since I usually solo since I just started again and lost all the old contacts I had.

I've seen some DK's running around but the 40 level difference kind of keeps the conversation to a minimum, plus the fact that 90% of any conversations I hear are "XXX for sale, XXX for sale" or "LFG - need healer for SM blah blah" x 20 - plus I like to RP a bit too so I mostly just avoid/ignore other people except for casting buffs on them as I'm running by.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Finally made a deathknight, I don't care if they're overpowered or FoTM, the rotation of skills is fun. Also, they look cool. I'm going frost as that seems to be the best soloing spec atm. The world changes for the DK starting area were cool and seamless, I can't wait till later to experience the northrend world changes. I just love pillaging innocent civilians.
:devil:
cazsim83 wrote:Never been past 20 myself - my brother's always had an acct but I just never got into it except recently - finally starting to build a B Elf Pally - although I haven't read enough to know where to start spending my skill points or whatever they're called once you hit lvl 10.

Just barely bought some super swag from the local auction house - which helped since I usually solo since I just started again and lost all the old contacts I had.

I've seen some DK's running around but the 40 level difference kind of keeps the conversation to a minimum, plus the fact that 90% of any conversations I hear are "XXX for sale, XXX for sale" or "LFG - need healer for SM blah blah" x 20 - plus I like to RP a bit too so I mostly just avoid/ignore other people except for casting buffs on them as I'm running by.
Retribution talents is the way to go for solo grinding and damage dealing in dungeons for paladin, you can kill mobs faster and even defend yourself against the occasional pvp encounter. The hubbub on the WoW forums is that retribution talents are overpowered with the newest patches. A surefire way to always make sure you're doing the best spec possible is to look up the WoW forums and see what everyone else is complaining about and trying to nerf, then specializing in it. :D