Mad Max 4 Goes Anime?

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Wolfman Walt wrote: During the 1940's, 50's and 60's? Granted, I realize this is anime so the sky is the limit - but Kerberos Saga has been along in various forms of media before Jin-Roh was ever made so was rooted in reality quite abit.
Yeah, because nearly impervious, tank-like armor used by a civil policing unit is the height of reality, right?

Realistically, you'd need motorized joints or a very basic Heinlein-esque negative feedback principle to move at a decent pace in a suit like that.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Why? Protect gear is just an anti-ballistic armor, similar to riot gear. It's mainly a chest plate with some interconnecting armor plates to protect the shoulders, groin, forearms and shin. I have no clue how you could even possibly see power armor in it outside of the IR goggles which give off a red light.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Why? Protect gear is just an anti-ballistic armor, similar to riot gear.
Because riot gear lets you survive bomb blasts at near point-black range?

The stuff is bulky as hell, and the guys who wear it seem to move at a decent clip while firing stabilized machine guns from the hip with deadly accuracy. The idea that it's just standard body armor is absurd; using the logic, why didn't Japan just give it to all their soldiers in World War II and win the damn thing?
- the Vault Dweller
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Omg Mel is so kawaii *^_^*

Seriously though if it can use anime as a medium only then fine, go right ahead. If it uses it as a crutch and destroys the ambiance of the films- fuck you.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Wolfman Walt wrote:Why? Protect gear is just an anti-ballistic armor, similar to riot gear.
Because riot gear lets you survive bomb blasts at near point-black range?
If you noticed, they didn't take the blast head on. If you lay down next to a curb, the blast goes over you which is exactly what they did. Given the protection of the armor and the fact that the main character was STILL injured, I'd say it's pretty reasonable.

The stuff is bulky as hell, and the guys who wear it seem to move at a decent clip
It's not THAT bulky. The only thing interconnected really is the chest plate, the shoulder pads, and the codpiece. They're also almost always walking.
deadly accuracy.
If that's your idea of "Deadly accuracy" you need your eyes checked. Shots are flung all over the place. The only reason they hit stuff as well as they do is because of numbers and the amount of bullets filling the air. If you pay attention, rounds are richocheting off of everything.
The idea that it's just standard body armor is absurd
It's not standard body armor - it's used by the elite of the elite.
using the logic, why didn't Japan just give it to all their soldiers in World War II and win the damn thing?
Because it didn't get put into use until AFTER WWII when the Germans beat them. Pay attention.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Wolfman Walt wrote: Because it didn't get put into use until AFTER WWII when the Germans beat them. Pay attention.
That wasn't covered in the single animated film I watched, nor was whether or not the armor was powered. You could have been much more polite about out-nerding me.
- the Vault Dweller
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Guys, you are arguing about anime body armor.

I urge you to stop.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

lol
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

lol
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

The last three posts just about sum it up

also - isn't Jin Roh the Jap version of Little Red Riding Hood or something? I admit I've never seen it.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I thought we were done speaking about Jin-Roh?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »