More Fallout: New Vegas info from PSM3

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I liked how Connor said he wasn't going to leave but I'm pretty sure he will pretty soon thinking we are too unreasonable.

Generally with these types of games and reviews you find out all the flaws in the previews for their next games or the reviews of their next games. FO3 was touted as being perfect but wait till New Vegas comes out and they will say "New Vegas improves FO3 bland dialogs which is a relief" even though they weren't mentioned in any of the FO3 reviews.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Kharn's article about the "Rybiki Maneuver," as he calls this sort of thing, is pretty good poops, have you read it?
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Connor wrote:
You're making about as much sense as Fallout 3's plot.
Seriously, does Fallout 3's story really THAT bad? I mean, come on now! You make it sound like a Gainax ending! Is it that incoherent!? Good Lord, if anybody had ever told me that Fallout would one day suffer from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull syndrome (you know, with everybody hating it yet not making good critiques), I would've laughed! Now I think I'M being the one trolled here!
The critiques are all valid. The points, ranging from vague to specific, you've blown off. The plot was attrocious, not because of what it was on the surface, but because the narrative flow made no sense. The premise of the water purifier was flawed, as it's easy to de-radiate water. Major plot points were lifted directly from the first two games and jammed without them serving the plot.

The only original large plot point not ripped out of Fallout 1 or 2 was the sequence where you escape from the Enclave in underground tunnels - it would have been nice if the game had more things like that instead of trying to stand on the shoulders of giants and falling off.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Very, very well-spoken. :salute:
Connor
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Connor »

Retlaw83 wrote:The critiques are all valid. The points, ranging from vague to specific, you've blown off. The plot was attrocious, not because of what it was on the surface, but because the narrative flow made no sense. The premise of the water purifier was flawed, as it's easy to de-radiate water. Major plot points were lifted directly from the first two games and jammed without them serving the plot.

The only original large plot point not ripped out of Fallout 1 or 2 was the sequence where you escape from the Enclave in underground tunnels - it would have been nice if the game had more things like that instead of trying to stand on the shoulders of giants and falling off.
Bro, bro, bro, bro... bro.

What?
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." – Benjamin Franklin
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I'd use smaller words and simpler sentences, but chances are you'd still fail to comprehend.

Also, have you considered that the problem is your poor taste? Seems you're on some kind of mission to enlighten us, but you're just coming off as an idiot.
- the Vault Dweller
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Connor wrote:But years of torment and bullying have given me an added tolerance to these sorts of remarks.
You're bullied frequently. Shocker.

Look, kid, I'm guessing you're between 14 and 17. At this point of your life, everyone older than you is wrong, you think you can change the world, you think you're superior to the bunch of bitter adults who frequent this forum, and you want us to see the error of our ways. In short, you're an obnoxious cunt.

All of the people who are regulars here are big fans of the first two games. For some of us it's the mechanics of those games, for others we don't care about the mechanics and we are in love with the spirit of the franchise. Fallout 3 did a poor job and upset all of us.

To put it simply, Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media Company, came into our home and very boldly and audaciously pissed on our drapes. Now you've waltzed in and are attempting to tell us we're jerks because we don't appreciate the lovely yellow color our pristine white curtains have turned to.
- the Vault Dweller
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Connor wrote:But years of torment and bullying have given me an added tolerance to these sorts of remarks.
You're bullied frequently. Shocker.

Look, kid, I'm guessing you're between 14 and 17. At this point of your life, everyone older than you is wrong, you think you can change the world, you think you're superior to the bunch of bitter adults who frequent this forum, and you want us to see the error of our ways. In short, you're an obnoxious cunt.

All of the people who are regulars here are big fans of the first two games. For some of us it's the mechanics of those games, for others we don't care about the mechanics and we are in love with the spirit of the franchise. Fallout 3 did a poor job and upset all of us.

To put it simply, Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media Company, came into our home and very boldly and audaciously pissed on our drapes. Now you've waltzed in and are attempting to tell us we're jerks because we don't appreciate the lovely yellow color our pristine white curtains have turned to.
Some of us were introduced to the originals THROUGH fallout 3, and reaslise for £30 less they had bought a game a million times better. Just me? :/

It's not just old and bitter, I'm only a wee laddy meself at 19. It's just down to taste. Fallout 3 is style over substance, I like substance.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Scary Door= Twilight Zone rip-off.

Fallout 3 was mad boring. I have a feeling New Vegas will have a story I can get into.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

King of Creation wrote:Kharn's article about the "Rybiki Maneuver," as he calls this sort of thing, is pretty good poops, have you read it?
No, perhaps I will but is it basically talking about what I am?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Yeah. Summary: Game journos say a game is great before and right after a game comes out so as to not hurt sales. Later on, after their opinion doesn't effect the game's sales, they claim the gamw was crap and point out all of its flaws.
Last edited by King of Creation on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

A good read indeed.