New Poll: The music of Fallout v. Fallout 3

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Dreadnought wrote:Partially ze new Ausfall Musik miks is a bit TOO gut. I like the mushyness of some of the older tunes for sakes of atmosphere.
You could always listen to it on broken speakers, or rip it to an lp and then literally rip the lp. I remember once putting an old lp-system together with a busted speaker from the 60's and listening to some otherwise generic pop music in mono; the post-apoc aspect of it near enough brought me to tears. :chew:
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

THats great. x) :D. ... . ..
Anywayz, i think the music inon zur made was good. I do recall some event music, and some riffs off of the main songs fitting the post apocness of the enviornment, escpecially when walking in 3rd person. But i turned it off, and put that "mod" that replaces inonZur music with the original fallout 1 and 2 music... somehow tactics music was involved, and did really well when in DC and meeting the ghouls. Did badly as enviornmental music. Overall, the gameplay in f3 doesnt match the music in any catagory, its just bad. But i did enjoy fallout 1 and 2 with the original soundtrack much more than fallout 3 with INONZUR.

About Mark Morgan, all of his music from planescape and fallout was amazing. I actually LISTENED to the soundtrack outside of fallout as if it WAS music. I got into the environment it created by itself, without fallout.
I believe now that if a composer would create music that would create an environment it is designed for without being implemented into what is designed for it would be a great peice of work. I cant believe that makes sense. :drunk:

Mark MORGAN ftw!!! WOOTT@!!
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Zur's stuff is decent, but a couple of them, including one that seems overly oriental, just don't quite fit as well as the last-gen music.

Right now, however, I think I'd rather be B) and listen to this