What do you after the enclave is dead?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
This is Gonna Hurt
Respected
Respected

Post by This is Gonna Hurt »

Meths wrote:
VasikkA wrote:
Meths wrote:As far as i'm concerned, i rarely even finish the game - Klamath, Den, maybe Redding and Modoc. Then, if you completed every avaliable quests in these towns, you're too strong and there are no real challenges for ya ha! :!: :lol:
Oh, so you kick enclave asses in your leather jacket and sawed shotgun? If it's too easy, raise the difficulty a notch and don't go get the APA right after Klamath.
Actually, I kick enclave asses in the leather jacket and .44 revolver...don't really need armor by that stage, but the leather looks cool.
I'm not evil, I just like making things explode

"...It IS hard to speak with six inches of knife sticking out of your face. They mostly just gurgle. And bleed." Black Mage
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Bleh, Vault suit and cattle prod combo and Horrigan goes Zzzzzap!
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I don't think you level too slowly in FO2.... Ever played Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind? THAT if anything is slow when compared to Fallout :?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

That game is also huge compared to Fallout, so it's understandable you need to do more quests/fights before you level up. They're not really comparable to each other, because a lot of things affect how fast you level up, like game length, size and how quickly the difficulty increases.
Fallout 2 levelling was at an appropriate level in my opinion.
Meths
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Meths »

Pyro wrote:I prefer the northern parts of Fallout 2 as well...feels more fallouty.
My favourite area in whole Fo2 game is the surface of Great Wanamingo Mine in Redding - that's exacly what i want the Fo3 to look like. When you get there, you usually wear the leather armor and shotgun - it's the most fallouty stage in the game.
I like BIG guns...
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Meths wrote:My favourite area in whole Fo2 game is the surface of Great Wanamingo Mine in Redding - that's exacly what i want the Fo3 to look like. When you get there, you usually wear the leather armor and shotgun - it's the most fallouty stage in the game.
Well, the looks were OK, at least it looked better than Broken Hills which is also a mining town. Dirty, dusty and post-apocalyptic. Too bad there wasn't much content, not much to do. And the aliens inside the mine.. brrrr. By the way, the much hyped 'leather armor and shotgun' look is not the only fallouty thing there is, Energy weapons and combat/power armors are also something I enjoy wearing, not to mention the blue vault suit. Also I like the different environments in Fallouts, vaults and hi-tech BOS bases are a nice contrast to the darker, post-apocalyptic look.
Shady Sands, Junktown and the Hub are my favorite towns.
Meths
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Meths »

Dirty, dusty and post-apocalyptic. Too bad there wasn't much content, not much to do.
Well i meant the general view.
By the way, the much hyped 'leather armor and shotgun' look is not the only fallouty thing there is, Energy weapons and combat/power armors are also something I enjoy wearing, not to mention the blue vault suit.
That may be, but this is the time i enjoy the most.
Also I like the different environments in Fallouts, vaults and hi-tech BOS bases are a nice contrast to the darker, post-apocalyptic look.
Yeah, they should be very scarce however. I think there is too many places like that in Fo2.
I like BIG guns...
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Meths wrote:Yeah, they should be very scarce however. I think there is too many places like that in Fo2.
Agreed, this is one of the reasons Fallout 2 failed to reach the same level as Fallout. Hi-tech was overdone. You could find hi-tech weapons and underground complexes in too many places. San Francisco exaggerated this fact even more. Hubologists and Shi was just a lame joke. In Fallout, only places where you could find hi-tech weapons and items were in vaults, BOS bunker and in underground complexes(West-tek, Mariposa), hidden somewhere in lockers. In Fallout 2, you could buy hi-tech weapons and powerful armors in almost every shop(NR, NCR, SF) and technology was over-present a large part of your adventure.
armandstone
SDF!
SDF!

Post by armandstone »

because the brotherhood shared there technology with the masses but fallout 1 is the most post apocalyptic of them all

but fallout 2 rules in the longitivity department
im insane and loving every minute of it
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Actually, I thought Redding felt very out of place. It would have worked better in an old west RPG than a post-apocalyptic RPG like FO.