Do it for the children

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

Hey odin, i know this isnt the TIME AND PLACE to ask, but would you consider putting a banner to my comic on NMA?
Odin
Respected
Respected

Post by Odin »

Ghetto Goose wrote:Hey odin, i know this isnt the TIME AND PLACE to ask, but would you consider putting a banner to my comic on NMA?
email me, and we'll see..
Webmaster@NMA
Rex Exitium
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Rex Exitium »

Odin wrote: I've got loads of friends in my real life. But some of the people I've met over the internet, while posting news and running NMA, are like my "online" friends.
I find that rather amusing, actually. This revelation was hardly implied in any of your previous messages.

Shouldn't it be implied that everyone you meet on the internet is an "acquaintance", or friend of sorts? I don't think it's something that needs to be said.

But when someone insults you over the internet, I see no point as to why you need to strike them off your list of "friends". From my observations of you, I sight a very desolate human being with an extremely small circle of friends, bearing in mind the fact that you keep a list.

This situation requires some amount of commiseration, that is quite certain. A pity that you will find no remorse from me. I must admit that I don't care much for the developmentally depraved.
Site Designer/Content Writer
RPG Codex - Putting the 'role' back in RPG
http://www.rpgcodex.com

Site Creator
http://www.rpgplanet.com/lionheart
Odin
Respected
Respected

Post by Odin »

Rex Exitium wrote:I find that rather amusing, actually. This revelation was hardly implied in any of your previous messages.

Shouldn't it be implied that everyone you meet on the internet is an "acquaintance", or friend of sorts? I don't think it's something that needs to be said.

But when someone insults you over the internet, I see no point as to why you need to strike them off your list of "friends". From my observations of you, I sight a very desolate human being with an extremely small circle of friends, bearing in mind the fact that you keep a list.

This situation requires some amount of commiseration, that is quite certain. A pity that you will find no remorse from me. I must admit that I don't care much for the developmentally depraved.
Oh doesn't this make you feel all good inside, stomping someone down with your superious intelligence and linguistic.

When someone I consider an online friend, stabs me in the back then I've got to reconsider this "friendship". Now I'll admit that I'm an open and friendly soul, who actually don't like to talk dirt about stuff or games. That's one of the reasons many people reacted when I took a harsh tone to FU one time, because that's just not me.

Now your "intelligent" analysis of my real life: hahahahahahaaaa....
Webmaster@NMA
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Nobody post. Maybe if we go back to ignoring him he'll go away.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Odin
Respected
Respected

Post by Odin »

Boo...

What's strange tho, is that by your definition of pimping, if I had been some killzig fanboy, like Rex here, you'd say: "thanks, now suck my toes" and posted a thank you REX on the news page, BUT since I'm running a Fallout site..oh my god..He must be pimping his site...

I really don't care if I post a link to DAC on my news, and if you guys send me news..Great, makes my "job" easier... That's why I send you guys news or let you know about it, but I see now that since I'm running a Fallout site..I must be pimping my site..

now I'm done..
Webmaster@NMA
johnpnp

Post by johnpnp »

<-- begins singing "Don't Worry, Be Happy" by bobby mcfarrin
I was just gonna say that we now pwn with 71% of the votes.
Hell yes!
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

*Looks at where he is*
Well, um.
Okay.
I really should be going.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Looks like (insert name here) was beaten up and had his lunch money taken by the big kids at school today.

This topic went sour how many pages ago? Good work mods. :p
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Yep, some things are better left unsaid.
Det0x
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Det0x »

72 % percent biznatches!
[Khans]Det0x
AKA Murdoc
Neocron
evilmonkey
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by evilmonkey »

thats the flaming spirit!

Looks like Fallout is winning - I do wonder what they will say over at interplay

"damn, we should have forced them to make FO3:cashcow instead of the BG3:cashcow - but next time!!"
Black is the Colour that Shines on my Path
Black is the Colour of Freedom
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

They will say that those weird, rude Fallout cultists skewed another one of their polls. :D <Fingers twitch> Where's the next poll?? I'll vote in that one too.
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

The Icewind Dale Series .................... 4%

:D

It's good to see Fallout do well, in a poll that isn't pointless.
hvkasteren
SDF!
SDF!

Post by hvkasteren »

73% as of right now....
Without evil there would be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes!
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Rat Keeng wrote: It's good to see Fallout do well, in a poll that isn't pointless.
I'm not sure what is more comical. BIS' work is rated the lowest of more recent work, or all the minless bullshit pap worship of Ass-Wind Dale II on the front page of Interplay.com and then it doing even worse than a series that Interplay is less likely to publish any sequels to because they pulled a Sega with BioWare.

Interplay, the Sega of the PC market.
Tether

Post by Tether »

Rosh wrote: Interplay, the Sega of the PC market.

now now your just being mean to Sega with that quote :lol:
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Sega's big problem was they had good hardware and games, but they just didn't give a shit about the U.S. market at all. After the Genesis, they got in a nasty habit of releasing things like consoles and SegaCDs and then dumping support for them a few months later because they had something new out in Japan.

IPLY, on the other hand, their big problem was they released a whole lot of REALLY buggy titles and then dropped support before they were patched. In fact, they released Giants, Starfleet Command 2, and Fallout Tactics all in a row and none of those titles worked very well out of the box.

As for the poll not being valid and all, it's funny that Interplay's website has posted three polls in a row about Fallout 3 in short succession. It's also funny that Fallout 3 keeps winning those polls by a LANDSLIDE.
------------------
GERMANY www.etweb.de.vu

Post by GERMANY www.etweb.de.vu »

FALLOUT was is and will stay the best game i ever played.
still 73%
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Isn't it strange how fallout wins every poll on the front page, as well as being in nearly every poll.

If they just made fallout 3 and didn't screw it up
FALLOUT FANS R TEH WIN
DEVS R TEH WIN
PUBLISHERS R TEH WIN
WE ALL WIN!!11

the only people losing out are dnd fans, but they are the gays.
:chew: