Tandi, Harold and dogmeat

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Is this the one with a story named "Thor vs Captain America" amongst others? Not a bad one, if so. I have in the works a "What if.." story of my own in fact. It's about No 5 in the row of my current works(which means only some of the story and some stuff on paper only exist right now)
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

VasikkA wrote:Raised plates never really bothered me. You didn't need a high PE to spot them and could simply just walk around them. I'd like to set traps(like in BG) and lead the enemy to them, not just a skill which basically unarms a trap. The traps should be damn effective too, to attract players to use and improve the skill.
Raised plates only really bothered me in the Temple of Trials, really. Then again, there's nothing about the Temple of Trials that didn't bother me.

Perception really should allow you to see traps though. I've always thought that was one of the better things about Fallout. You didn't have to have to be skilled in something if you had a decent attribute working for you. After all, if you had a high perception, you could be a natural sniper as well.
------------------
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:Perception really should allow you to see traps though. I've always thought that was one of the better things about Fallout. You didn't have to have to be skilled in something if you had a decent attribute working for you. After all, if you had a high perception, you could be a natural sniper as well.
I agree and I also like the idea that this thing works in reverse as well...

A man without any aptitude towards guns could become a reasonable or even good sniper with proper training.
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

Yep he could just go read a issue of "guns and bullets" and start firing away. :D
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

Actually, I might be going a little to Mad Max on these forums, but why not use some sort useful iteam as currency.
I do not mean a pure bartering system by any means, just, say for instance, in San Fran for currency when dealing with the Emporer, why not use small cells as money?
Or .223 FMJ in a raider camp?
This (in my view) is more realistic, and adds a bittersweat note to using currency.
HackerZero
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by HackerZero »

When you read a book, you should also get more points towards intelligence, and maybe even speech. But instead of getting rid of a book after you read it, it should be treated as a "useful item". And since not many people would be able to read and write very well in the wasteland, a character who reads often should be given a special perk.
Hey look it's Valdis's sub personality, hi valdis!
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

a few points towards intelligence?
:chew:
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

well its not like your charater is reading a freaking novel. Hes reading a magazine. nothing special about that
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Intl. in FO is not how much you know- it is how much you can know.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Constipated BladeRunner wrote:Actually, I might be going a little to Mad Max on these forums, but why not use some sort useful iteam as currency.
I do not mean a pure bartering system by any means, just, say for instance, in San Fran for currency when dealing with the Emporer, why not use small cells as money?
Or .223 FMJ in a raider camp?
This (in my view) is more realistic, and adds a bittersweat note to using currency.
Well, items are money in Fallout when bartering. I wouldn't want to trade away useful stuff like cells and ammo, but if a town or an area doesn't have its own currency then you should be able to trade all kinds of items in exchange of what you want. That, in my opinion adds some post-apocalyptic feel to the trade system.
HackerZero
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by HackerZero »

Som Guy wrote:well its not like your charater is reading a freaking novel. Hes reading a magazine. nothing special about that
What about the Big Book of Science?
And the Repair book?
And who could forget the Fallout 2 strategy guide?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

One thing that annoyed me about books was that you always learnt new stuff from every book even if it was the same book. And after you 'consumed' a book, you couldn't keep it in your inventory and sell it later. Did the PC eat it or what?

Books should be one-use only. They did some skills not worth tagging in Fallout and Fallout 2, unbalancing the game.
HackerZero
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by HackerZero »

Maybe if you read a bunch of books, you can get a special title and maybe even a special perk.
Remember the Expert Excretement Expeditor?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Nah, you'd just get a crappy eyesight.
Expert Excrement Expeditor was another 'developer joke', as there weren't enough of them already... :roll:
HackerZero
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by HackerZero »

If anyone wants an exact count of every refrence then you should check out NMA's Fallout 2 easter eggs section.
:lol:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Even that doesn't contain them all...
Fun stuff, though.
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

i personaly love the dev jokes
HackerZero
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by HackerZero »

I love the Whale joke-book refrence
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Som Guy wrote:i personaly love the dev jokes
Which is why you are a perfect example of a noob.
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

Yeah probably.
Last edited by Som Guy on Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.