EPA

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Valdis

EPA

Post by Valdis »

How come someone doesn't use the floor plan seen in the Fallout Bible, use a mod utility, use the city limits patch, use the mapper and make EPA??

I'm thinking of doing it right now.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I must admit, that's something I wouldn't mind seeing.

I'd give it a burl, but I have sweet bugger all time at the moment. I'm also missing a .dat extracter for the mapper :P

I'll get around to DLing all the stuff eventually to actually try out the mapper one day....one day..
Valdis

Post by Valdis »

My only problem with the EPA map I'm planning is that I am not familiar with SCRIPTING.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Scripting....

In Fo2 I always thought it had something to do with selected tiles, and when the player walked on them it triggered what ever script. Maybe something in an entitie editor for doors and nearby guards, and the like.

I'm very inclined to think that guards/monsters were set into forces groups, with a trigger making them hostile, etc.

(if this sounds wrong, remember it's only an assumption :P )
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

The EPA would be an interesting place to visit, indeed. It would probably contain new info on FEV(Yikes!) and have a sort of Area51 feeling combined with 1950's gadgets. Huge underground complex with 7 sub-levels, cool.

Maybe that could be a location in Fallout 3. Can't afford to waste them nice locations these days... :)
Mack_The_Knife
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Sublevels - ehrm...

Post by Mack_The_Knife »

It would be PAINFULLY futile for me to even consider giving EPA a whirl... since I am brain-damaged when it comes to arcane modding stuff... But... Ehr... OK for the fifties style, Vasikka...and the gadgets and all... But how about having 3 sub-levels instead of seven, and showing a lot of derelict buildings on the surface... look like a derelict Chicano barrio in Texas in the 50's... or a Tenessee trailer park... showing that people who had it rough before the war, STILL have it rough... Maybe a feudal-type community outside of the monestary, just like the middle ages... and they get constantly raided by biker gangs (who don't have bikes of course... they just run up and down what's left of the freeway), and when the Player Character gets there, an alarm sounds: The Bikers are coming! The Knights of Anarchy are coming! Gary freakin' Coleman is coming! And so the player character takes refuge with the people who live around the monastery inside the monastery walls... and can either take care of the biker threat, or be suspected a spy and trailed in a Middle Ages witchcraft kind of trial - A mix job between Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail and a lot of Hillbillie references...
I'm the genuine "Gun In a Can" Man!!! Not to mention Hard Boiled.
Valdis

Post by Valdis »

OK, That's it.

I AM WORKING ON THE EPA MAP AS WE SPEAK.

Thank you and good night.

(Really. I mean it. I'm going to start work on an EPA map)
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Sweet, good luck. Let me know if you need any help in something not relating to the editors.
Mack_The_Knife
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Mack_The_Knife »

Good luck... mapping can't be easy... especially if you have to stick to an overall plan (in this case Black Isle's maps-to-get-scrapped)...
Valdis

Post by Valdis »

I might, not yet. Thanks for the offer.

Working on the outside as we speak.

The HARDEST thing with this mod/add-on is that I might have to change the surrounding areas so that they could co-exist with a location that shouldn't be there. I might have to put some new people in some old cities or make some new creatures.

Damn.

Expect a test version by Christmas.
Mack_The_Knife
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Mack_The_Knife »

(sorry about the spam - I just gotta add something to get my point across) Good luck... mapping can't be easy... especially if you have to stick to an overall plan made by someone else a long, long time ago (in this case Black Isle's maps-to-get-scrapped)...
Valdis

Post by Valdis »

I don't know wether contacting BIS would be a good idea right now.
They might put EPA in Fallout 3.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Read the FOB8 about copytigh information about mods.

As for mapping for FO2, until the walls include a "preview" (where you actually drag the wall into the sceneray and "paste" it by clicking, just as in FO:T), I won't bother (and don't really recommend) mapping...
Purple Tentacle
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Purple Tentacle »

what is an EPA ? :?
Working harder, makes it better, do it faster, makes us stronger, more than ever, ever after, our work is never over.
Red

Post by Red »

Environmental Protection Agency. Two FOBs talked about it further, so go read up...
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Well, new editor version released. Does that make it any easier, Red?
Red

Post by Red »

Yup amazingly. It's pewfect :) Well, I still need to give it real attention but now you can actually build a wall without tring to place it 50 times... Plus it fixes a bug which kinda scared me on bigger maps. Map on!
Shadow
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Shadow »

I was thinking of making new cities and then submitting them to the site. I am guessing that map files would go in the "media" section of the site. Best get to work :)
Valdis = Barfly = HackerZero = Shadow = 0wn3d.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

just edit fallout enough to cal it fallout 1 and 1/2, lol. same city layout but different citys and such
Red

Post by Red »

There are still issues though but the thing is it's not figurred out yet. All wall tiles have 3 values which aren
't set when you place them, and I think a thread in the FO1/2 editing forum talked about the walls not working properly until you fill these values. The editor doesn't support automatically putting thses values making it quite time consuming to do walls...

Only the person was wrong in the thread that is.