Fear this

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Som Guy wrote:Couldn't we all bring our money together to buy it if Interplay dies? A Fallout 3 made by fans is all that we want right(not to mention all the money we could make)? I know I'd contribute at least 10,000.
How many times have we heard that stupid idea? There's two big problems here, buddy. First off, we couldn't actually buy the Fallout liscence, even if we could somehow manage to get everyone to chip in enough money. Second, the large majority of the group of buyers have absolutely no conception of what game design entails and no talent for it. Hell, how many talented programmers, designers, modelers, artists, and other people essential to the process of making a game do you think you can muster? Nowhere near enough to make a quality game. haven't you ever wondered why most mods either don't get finished or really suck? It's because they're not made by professionals.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Well if you bought interplay that wouldn't necessarily mean you'd be the one making the games.

But it's still a dumb idea.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Som Guy wrote: Couldn't we all bring our money together to buy it if Interplay dies? A Fallout 3 made by fans is all that we want right(not to mention all the money we could make)? I know I'd contribute at least 10,000.
Why doesn't it surprise me that each post of yours seems to get even more stupid than the last?
Rydiak
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Rydiak »

Black Isle: Gosh darn it. Do we have to?
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

each post of yours seems to get even more stupid than the last
Because I am. My IQ is steadly dropping. I used to be a genius a couple of years ago.
SeanDMan
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by SeanDMan »

Black Isle: Located in the center of bankruptcy lake, prime location on sale for very cheap.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

"Black Isle. When all else fails we could sell to the Japanese!"