Is there any way to get a Windows 95 or 98 game to(cont)

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
ChickenSlam
SDF!
SDF!

Is there any way to get a Windows 95 or 98 game to(cont)

Post by ChickenSlam »

Run on a 2000 system?I really need help because I want to install Fallout 1 and other games but it won't work.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

This is on the wrong forum, let's have it moved to FO1, please.

Go [url=http://www.nma-fallout.com/fallout1/art ... tall.shtml]here[/url] for instructions.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Stealth Rabbit
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Stealth Rabbit »

i know! i had to install fallout on a laptop one, and i figured out how. you need admin priveleges on w2k, then install it. make a shortcut after thats done, then find a tab that lets you run the program as another user. then use the admin name. there, done. :)
Behold my ignorance and sloth, for I am AMERICAN!
<a href="mailto::cha0srf@aol.com" Subject= "SPAM ME!">MAIL ALL OF YOUR SPAM RIGHT HERE!</a>
hvkasteren
SDF!
SDF!

Post by hvkasteren »

You can also find it on the official fallout site in the faq (http://www.interplay.com/fallout/faq.html scroll down to "How can I install to WinNT?"). It helped me install Fallout 1 on windows xp.
Without evil there would be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes!
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

actually some win2k comps get screwwed up with FO1 manually installed (like MINE!)

after installing (manually) and running for the first time, the second time i try to run it, i get the "Needs 20 mb...etc" error, and cant play it. i think that i had to change my config file or replace the "FalloutW.___" everytime. whatever i did i dont have a problem anymore... but my FO1 cd is FUBAR, so... no matter