the 'demon' evil karma

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Stealth Rabbit
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

the 'demon' evil karma

Post by Stealth Rabbit »

is it possible to get the demon karma? you need something like -2000000 karma, right?
Behold my ignorance and sloth, for I am AMERICAN!
<a href="mailto::cha0srf@aol.com" Subject= "SPAM ME!">MAIL ALL OF YOUR SPAM RIGHT HERE!</a>
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Nope. Well maybe if you cheat and change your karma, or you change the game...

You need -2147483648 karma, which you probably can't acheive in the 13 year limit. Not to mention no one knows what happens if you get 1 less (it might loop to +2147483649 or just plain crash the game...)
Last edited by Red on Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

-2147483648... That's a whole lotta evil. Is it even possible to have such a low karma without cheating?

And Red, just how did you find this out?
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Red

Post by Red »

The reputation levels are described in a file in master.dat...

As I mentioned I highly doubt you could reach that level in any legit way.

The game only has a few loopholes where you can loose karma infinitively that I know of. The first is 1 karma point at a time... And pressing 1 key/s for over 2 billion times would take about 93 years (real time). Worst yet the loophole is a bit more complicated then just pressing a key and doubt you could actually do it in 1 second. In those 93 years the 13 year game limit will be reached...

There's only one other way I know to lose karma infinitively but it's still just at 100 a peice and requires you to rest for the Paraiha dog to heal (do a brain extraction on him). All the resting will bust the 13 year counter for sure, although you could help the critter out with stims and superstims but you'll quickly run out...
Stealth Rabbit
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Stealth Rabbit »

to get your karma that low, you would have to complete every evil quest, then kill everyone. and even that would leave you about 20000000 short
<a href="mailto::cha0srf@aol.com" Subject= "SPAM ME!">MAIL ALL OF YOUR SPAM RIGHT HERE!</a>
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Any advantages to haing bad karma?
:evil:
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Stealth Rabbit
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Stealth Rabbit »

yes. evil npcs (slavers, people in new reno) react better. althought good npcs hate you. but there is a perk that makes everyone like you. forgot what it is though.
Red

Post by Red »

Just bad karna isn't that bad, however either becoming a slaver or a childkiller seriously limits your options in the game...
Stealth Rabbit
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Stealth Rabbit »

who needs words when youve got guns?
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

danferry wrote:Any advantages to haing bad karma?
Yes, It's called ROLEplaying.
Flink
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Flink »

Dan wrote:
Yes, It's called ROLEplaying.
Hehe, he got ya there Danferry :)
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Sure! But thats not so hard to do, though.
:grab:
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Evil Guru
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Evil Guru »

danferry wrote:Any advantages to haing bad karma?
Yes! Kick-ass loot from bounty hunters. You'll never need to shop for top shelf ammo again!
A day without nuclear power is like a day without the sun.
Mihail
Regular
Regular

Post by Mihail »

Stealth Rabbit wrote:yes. evil npcs (slavers, people in new reno) react better. althought good npcs hate you. but there is a perk that makes everyone like you. forgot what it is though.
i ferget too, but it makes all good people like you if your bad and vice verusa
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Cult of personallity.
Duc
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Evil Karma

Post by Duc »

In a few of my games I have over -1500, and the name of that karma is "Demon Spawn" Is that what you mean by demon, or is it a rank above spawn?

I get that trait in games where I storm every town, storm meaning completely eliminate lifeforms in the area.

San Fransisco is very hard, even if you finish game, and go back with MK2adv armor. It is a junky town anyways though, and should be kept alive, for the laser/gauss ammo at the gun shop.

Another thing is....in the Fallout games it 'says' that negative karma gives you better reactions, but it does not.

Any person in the game with a face, Decker, Jain, Harry, Set, Morpheus, All have angry expressions, and even attack you on site! If you have negative karma, so really it VERY rarely gives posotive reactions.

Only in cases as being able to access the crummy loaning complany, and...being able to get trained by Lo Pan, or trade with junky evil merchants in random encounters.

It is really an unfinished part of thegame I think, even evil people get angry with your presence, with a negative karma, which is so annoying.

Yes, Harry the super mutant attacked me the first time we talked, and I had not harmed any mutants, or children in the game yet, I just destroyed Shady Sands.

I walk in to talk to him, and he just says Harry beat your head now. It really makes the game look unprofessional.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Please... Don't mess up the games. You're talking about FO1 and FO2 at the same time, gives me a headache.
Duc
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Mixing Games

Post by Duc »

Well I did give examples from both games, but it was explaining the same thing, which related to Fallout 2.
Chaos Horror
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Chaos Horror »

I thought it FO2 when you start killin everyone and yer karma falls too low the game ends? Like the witchdoctor comes up and says The Village dies... and thats it.. Or is there a time limit where you have to get to the first town before that happens? I dunno.
Duc
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

That could be right...

Post by Duc »

In one of my games where I went around killing every town after I finished the game, the game suddenly ended when I killed Klamath.

I wondered...what is the big deal, I kill all the other places, but Klamath ends it, then I wondered since it was close to Arroyo.

However perhaps it is the karma. After storming Klamath, and wiping out life, my karma was over -2500, and when I went to the exit grid my game ended.

I suppose that over -2500 makes the game end....kind of annoying, I had already saved the village, and yet he comes up saying the Village dies.

Sadly I had saved after the storm, so the game is ruined, since when I enter it, it ends.