100% Chem Resistant-A Possibility?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Haethurn
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

100% Chem Resistant-A Possibility?

Post by Haethurn »

I was just wondering if it is possible for a character to be unable to get addicted to any drug? I know that the optional trait Chem Resistant makes you 50% less likely to be addicted by chems, and that the perk Flower Child also makes you 50% less likely to get addicted, but if you add the two together, does it truly mean that you can never be addicted? Or is it like skills? They can go beyond the 100% mark, you know.

What I'm saying is, is it possible to have a character who can use tons of jet every day and still not get addicted to the stuff?

What stat bonuses does using jet give you, anyway?
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Jet gets you addicted no matter what so forget about that.

Is flower child even in FO2?
Haethurn
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Haethurn »

Wait a moment, there--I remember reading something about Jet having a 50% chance to addict you--somewhere along those lines. Are you saying for sure that that is not true?
Ninja Penguin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ninja Penguin »

Where ever you heard that LIES. Jet has 100% addiction rate, and it never wears off unless you get the antidote.
Haethurn
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Haethurn »

Why would someone tell a lie like that? Are you sure?

If it's not possible with jet, is it possible with every other drug?
Red

Post by Red »

No he's right it's 50%.

I was fooled because a convesation with Myron reveals that it should be higher, but it's not.

Sorry for the mistake.
Haethurn
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Haethurn »

So, then, it is possible to use jet without being addicted to it, provided that you have the Chem Resistant optional trait and the Flower Child perk?
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

If you get lucky, but you WILL get addicted to it sooner or later. No matter if you are Chem Resistant and Flower Child (which by the way is in the game, though I have no idea of the requirements or where to get it, at least with editor).
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Red

Post by Red »

I know it's "in the game", but I'm faily certain that unless you have the editor you can't get that perk.

It's a Fallout 1 perk (for obvious reasons).
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It's easy to get in FO2, without editing. I've many times had the option. I don't remember for sure, but I think the requirements were something about endurance...
This is Gonna Hurt
Respected
Respected

Post by This is Gonna Hurt »

Kashluk wrote:It's easy to get in FO2, without editing. I've many times had the option. I don't remember for sure, but I think the requirements were something about endurance...
No it wasn't. All my endurance 3-4 snipers have gotten the flower child option.
I'm not evil, I just like making things explode

"...It IS hard to speak with six inches of knife sticking out of your face. They mostly just gurgle. And bleed." Black Mage
Haethurn
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Haethurn »

Warlord wrote:If you get lucky, but you WILL get addicted to it sooner or later. No matter if you are Chem Resistant and Flower Child (which by the way is in the game, though I have no idea of the requirements or where to get it, at least with editor).
How could a person be addicted to jet with a Chem Resistance of 100%? Please explain.
Ninja Penguin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ninja Penguin »

Well, okay, maybe I was wrong about the Jet addiction rates, but I'm pretty confident that

Chem Resistant and Flower child != 100% Addiction Defense

See, it's like this. Chem Resistant cuts your Addiction rate by 50%. Flower Child, by logic, would decrease the likelyhood of addiction by another 50%.
Haethurn
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Haethurn »

Ninja Penguin wrote:Well, okay, maybe I was wrong about the Jet addiction rates, but I'm pretty confident that

See, it's like this. Chem Resistant cuts your Addiction rate by 50%. Flower Child, by logic, would decrease the likelyhood of addiction by another 50%.
This is great! Now my character can use drugs to increase all of his stats without fear of being addicted and suffering those nasty withdrawal symptoms.
Ninja Penguin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ninja Penguin »

Haethurn wrote:
Ninja Penguin wrote:Well, okay, maybe I was wrong about the Jet addiction rates, but I'm pretty confident that

This is great! Now my character can use drugs to increase all of his stats without fear of being addicted and suffering those nasty withdrawal symptoms.
...no.

Flower Child would decrease your addiction chance 50% FROM the already cut rate from Chem Resistant. So it'd be much less likely for addiction, but there is still a chance.

Protip: "!" in programming languages is "not". Thus, "!=" is "not equal".
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

That's right. It's not that simple adding like 50 + 50 = 100
They work like multipliers. So first the CR would be .5 multiplier and FC another .5 to that already lowered rate.

And for Jet, you WILL get addicted to it if you use it. Maybe not the first time or the second, but it will come. So don't use it unless you have the antidote.
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Howabout we put the chem resistence you also gain from your normal stats? That'll be about another 10% or so right, on 10 Endurance?