Mutant Chronicles MMORPG on the way

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kreegle
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Mutant Chronicles MMORPG on the way

Post by Kreegle »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

I've never actually heard of this series before, but apparently "The Mutant Chronicles universe has spawned role-playing games, collectible card games, comic books and miniatures wargames in more than 17 languages all over the world." Fair enough then!

So, Mutant Chronicles. Now there's a new MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role-playing game, for those of you "not in the know") version of the "post-apocalyptic techno-fantasy" game coming along. It features:<blockquote><em><li>Gothic techno fantasy look and feel- with design of environments following original MC ilustrations</li>

<li>Combination of "magic" and technology</li>

<li>Overall "dark" and apocalyptic mood of the game</li>

<li><b>Created "by gamers for gamers"</b>- with keeping computer game as close to original as possible</li>

<li>25 huge levels with most realistic graphic ever possible in online games (thanks to special server architecture we can easily handle realtime gameplay and advanced RPG back-end without loss of speed).</li>

<li>Dynamic quest generator</li>

<li>Players actions influent political connections between various fractions (corporation policy changes are dependant from player's choices)</li>

<li>Free character creation and development</li>

<li>Vast arsenal of original MC weaponry, brought into the game with all details and their influence onto gameplay (weight, damage, ammount of ammo etc)</li>

<li>Dynamic character assigment system ( no stiff assigments to one fraction - player can "switch" from one corporation to another)</li>

<li>Player designed quests and tasks</li>

<li>20 customisable and interchangable and 28 unique (special character type) character models.</li></em></blockquote>By gamers for gamers? Blimey, that sounds familiar. Read more about it (and check out some of the screenshots) <a href="http://www.paradoxplaza.com/online.asp" target="_blank">here</a>. Special thanks to the #1 MMORPG fan, Saint Proverbius, for passing this along!
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Doesn't interplay have a trademark on that sentence? They should sue!
Ninja Penguin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ninja Penguin »

Although not in a OMG WILL KILL FOR THIS GAME (like Dynasty Warriors 4, for instance) way, I would very much like to at least try this game. It looks cool, but less in a Fallout way and more in a...I dunno, cyberpunkish way.
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

bah! they had to make it an MMORPG didn't they? If i pay for the game, i'm not paying $$ every month just to keep playing it. My friend used to play the Mutant Chronicles pen & paper RPG before it went out of print, he says it's pretty badass, so who knows, it might be a good game.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Kreegle wrote:I've never actually heard of this series before, but apparently "The Mutant Chronicles universe has spawned role-playing games, collectible card games, comic books and miniatures wargames in more than 17 languages all over the world." Fair enough then!
I'm guessing 'Australian' wasn't one of those languages they translated it to :lol:
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Re: Mutant Chronicles MMORPG on the way

Post by Radoteur »

Kreegle wrote:<li>Players actions influent political connections between various fractions (corporation policy changes are dependant from player's choices)</li>
Various fractions?
What's a fraction?
Like in math?
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Re: Mutant Chronicles MMORPG on the way

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Kreegle wrote:25 huge levels with most realistic graphic ever possible in online games (thanks to special server architecture we can easily handle realtime gameplay and advanced RPG back-end without loss of speed).
Hey wow! This game has the most realistic graphic ever! Pity it's only one realistic graphic. I suppose the rest of 'em are kind 'a fake looking.

And one... and two... and one... and two... Don't stop now!! Just 50 more star jumps to go! And one... and two...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jeff
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jeff »

Hmm, I played Doomtroopers CCG as a kid, I think it belonged to the Mutant Chronicles, as well as that Warzone tabletop game
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Red wrote:Doesn't interplay have a trademark on that sentence? They should sue!
Well, on the other hand they haven't used that motto in their latest games so I guess they don't care.Image

The game very interesting so far. The graphics look nice and atmospheric, the character models look original and a bit old timish, in a good way. The only bad thing is that it's an MMORPG, which is something I'll never waste my money at.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

I've always assumed all game designers/programmers/artists/developers etc. have a appreciation for games. I mean, if they didn't then why the hell are they doing what they are doing? For the money?
Avenrosh
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Avenrosh »

It may not be that popular, but I love the series. Doomtrooper was related. The novels were pretty good, but the first in the series was one of my favourite books. Not all that fallout-related though, as it's pretty much straight sci-fi with some cyberpunk.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

There are:
"Mutant Chronicles" PnP RPG
"Warzone" tabletop battle game
"Doom Trooper" and "Dark Eden" CCGs.
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by First Force »

i like the concept altough i always have been a bit suspicious about fallout as an FPS.
maybe im just gettin old
You are losing it, doesn`t matter, let`s close our eyes and wake up from this dream.....
-------------------------------
Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
-------------------------------