Mad Max goes frosty?

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kreegle
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Mad Max goes frosty?

Post by Kreegle »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

Here's a quick little bit of Mad Max 4 news from <a href="http://www.darkhorizons.com/news.htm" target="_blank">Dark Horizons</a>:<blockquote><em><b>Fury Road: Mad Max 4</b>: Second unit cameras are rumoured to have been rolling in Antarctica since before Christmas and will run till late February.</em></blockquote>Antarctica? My, that's a change of scenery. Nuclear winter? .....nahhh.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Bullshit. They won't start shooting until May at the earliest. Here's another rumour for ya:

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/pr ... ment-print

"... THERE'S TALK that Mel Gibson will ask Tina Turner back for the next "Mad Max" movie, which begins shooting Down Under in May. The volcanic Tina could reprise her role as Aunty Entity from "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome." I've wondered why producers haven't used Tina more often in movies. She's said over and over again that she wants to act. (You can dance in stiletto heels for just so long, you know!)"

I won't mind seeing Aunty Entity as a minor character or in a cameo. But the chances of this being true are slim at best. "There's talk..." is a dead give away. I can just as easily start a rumour saying "There's talk Max will go back and time with a Back to the Future Delorean/V8 Interceptor hybrid car."
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Re: Mad Max goes frosty?

Post by Viktor »

Kreegle wrote:Here's a quick little bit of Mad Max 4 news from <a href="http://www.darkhorizons.com/news.htm" target="_blank">Dark Horizons</a>:<blockquote><em><b>Fury Road: Mad Max 4</b>: Second unit cameras are rumoured to have been rolling in Antarctica since before Christmas and will run till late February.</em></blockquote>Antarctica? My, that's a change of scenery. Nuclear winter? .....nahhh.
Sweet! His old wagon could be pulled by giant mutant penguins this time!
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

...I hope this doesn't mean it's going to be a prequel.
:chew:
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Why would it mean it's a prequel?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I think he means the following.
Mad Max RW wrote:I can just as easily start a rumour saying "There's talk Max will go back and time with a Back to the Future Delorean/V8 Interceptor hybrid car."
Though it's just speculation over speculation :)
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

That still doesn't make sense. If he's going back it time, then it doesn't have to be a prequel.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Why would Mel Gibson ask Tina Turner to come back? George Whatsit, the director, would handle that.

Anyways, the South Pole isn't all that far from Australia.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

The latest I've read is that filming will start on the 1st June. I wouldn't mind if Tina Turner returned, especially if they made her up to look like Tandi from FO2 : )
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Seems a lot of sequels for older movies are being brought back with the original people who starred in them...Indiana Jones 4, Mad Max 4, Rocky 6 and Terminator 3 with most of the main characters about 50.
:chew:
Ninja Penguin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ninja Penguin »

You forget the new Rambo about the War on Terror. Yes, Rambo fighting Osama.

Feel free to burn down Holywood.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Hahah, yeah, but it's kind of hard to imagine the series without the original cast. Specially when three movies (or more) are made from them.

I'll give Lucas that: he managed to put out 6 movies in 25 years without us being too attcached to the original cast... I mean that's still a pretty good feat even though I don't like the new episodes.
Mr Carrot
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Mr Carrot »

Second unit cameras you nonce, that means they go in and take long shots and terrain shots to work out the diffiuclties in filming first unit AND getting started on how proposed sets would look in those conditions.
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

Maybe the person that wrote it easily mixes up Antarctica and Australia?