I just slaughtered my first town ever

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Re: I just slaughtered my first town ever

Post by VasikkA »

Stainless wrote:Congrats, Kreegle. Now you've become a man.
No, not yet. She has to beat Horrigan in unarmed combat to become a man.
Skynet Brain Bot
Respected
Respected

Post by Skynet Brain Bot »

But if you wipe out vault city you suffer karma and reputation.

New Reno, now theres a town where you can kill everything with a pulse and come out looking like a saint. All you gotta do is make them shoot first, then you and *Mr Gauss* can clean out the place.
The only other places that you can morally burn to the ground are enclave held (Navarro or the Enclave)
Funny how massacares are not only tollerated but rewarded if the people you're killing are 'evil'.
What's the big idea?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Plus, in New Reno... I suggest you live one family standing - the Wrights. They'll be in control of the town from that day on ;)
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Skynet Brain Bot wrote:But if you wipe out vault city you suffer karma and reputation.
Who says you can't be evil?
Duc
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

The Wrights..

Post by Duc »

Who would want the Wrights in control? That batch of fools have no real plans for the future, and are the worst family.

I think that the Bishops, or Salvatores are the best ones to be in control. The strongest family is Bishop, and he has the most plans, such as joining NCR, and at the same time maintaining Renos freedom.

He probably plans to go from there, and perhaps take over NCR...
Skynet Brain Bot
Respected
Respected

what does it matter?
even if you wipe out the new reno families, your and angela bishops kid eventually takes over :-P
What's the big idea?
Duc
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Kid

Post by Duc »

So you always have sex with her? Well not everyone does.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

But, Duc... The thing is that Salvatores = Evil, Mordinos = Very Evil and Bishops = Really Really Evil. Wrights instead = Good.

If you play a goody-good character like I usually do, it's the best choice to let Wrights take control.
Duc
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Perhaps....

Post by Duc »

I suppose, for good characters. However sometimes the good people are not the best for the future, in case of the Wrights.

If they made a Fallout 3, which family do you think they would have made take over New Reno, from Fallout 2? Probably the Wrights...., but maybe not.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Nah, in FO3 they would be either Bishops or Mordinos, because they were the strongest families. Not Salvatores, because they were dependent on the Enclave and Enclave's destroyed after all. And if they count in the cure for Jet, then it's not going to be Mordinos either. So maybe Bishops. Maybe.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Go with the Bishops. It's the best alternative to create an interesting world for FO3. It would let New Reno stay New Reno: drugs, sex, and crime all over the place. And also, Bishop would presumably join the NCR, which could lead to the Republic's downfall, or at least give it a darker side.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

About the joining... It would mean an army of NCR rangers marching through the streets of New Reno in goose-stepping style killing every pimp and drug dealer they see :-\

I think what Bishop's did against Vault City was pure business. They would've not helped a city state which stands for values like temperance, anti-slavery and outlawing gambling just for fun?
Skynet Brain Bot
Respected
Respected

Odds are the Salvatore family would take over but if you have a kid then its the bishops.

either way fallout 3 should not include any places from previous games nor characters
What's the big idea?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Hm... Maybe move north and have Arroyo... maybe Gecko? Klamath? The same way they did with Fo1 -> Fo2.
Skynet Brain Bot
Respected
Respected

a possible idea, but then you will have references to fallout 2 and most people say that the third game if ever made should distance its self from the second.

besides arroyo will be a geck construction, gecko under vault city's control.
What's the big idea?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well maybe Fo3 should move to midwest and have hairy deathclaws?

The geographical position doesn't always grant greatness...
Skynet Brain Bot
Respected
Respected

but if the storyline continues from game two then the entire region, maybe what reamins fo the country will most likely be under one or several powers control and civilisation as we know it, will have returned
What's the big idea?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

But maybe the "new civilization" isn't as good as everyone thought and the main goal of Fo3 would be to destroy it and unleash anarchy upon the Wastes once again? :P
Skynet Brain Bot
Respected
Respected

rebelling against a police state? no exactly a new concept and not really in the fallout tradition.
supposed to be a man starting from nothing, rising up and saving the world
What's the big idea?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Son of a purely legit (of course not) business owner who's been stamped down in Cassidy-fashion. The family's house is burned and everyone killed except you, their only hope. Then you join a street gang and try to destroy NCR in order to save the rotten world? :)