Critters in FO3

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

OK.
BUT NO RETURNS!
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Easy CBR, you did notice the sarcastic emoticon, right?
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Constipated BladeRunner wrote:NO RETURNS!
NONE! MUTANTS CAN COME BACK BUT NO RETURNS!
Uhhh.. Then what was this?
Constipated Bladerunner wrote:FEV enhanced Shi warriors against norm NCR troops.
You pick sides and fight for one.
Shi were in Fallout 2.. NCR was Fallout 2..

Hell, that's even sillier than the Master coming back because the Shi were an AWFUL addition to Fallout 2 as was how "large" the NCR was. The NCR is the death of post apocalyptic Fallout.
------------------
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Saint_Proverbius wrote:
Hell, that's even sillier than the Master coming back because the Shi were an AWFUL addition to Fallout 2 as was how "large" the NCR was. The NCR is the death of post apocalyptic Fallout.
NCR- I dont think so. Even 1867 California had some basic law and order. Though it could if the population was upwards of a million, it is still in the hundreds of thou- 300,000?- and there fore will most likely not pose a threat to the waste we all know and love.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:The NCR is the death of post apocalyptic Fallout.
Have you ever given any thought to a "frontier" scenario? I don't mean Wild West genre crap by this, but rather that the events of FO3 center around the fringes of the emerging civilization(s). The course of the game could force the player into setting things back in order to save everything in the long-run. I think something like that would go handsomely w/the "hero saves all at great cost to himself" theme of FO. (That was a bit lacking in FO2, even FoT's ending was grimmer from the protagonist's standpoint.)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

OTB prahses it much better than I did.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Constipated BladeRunner wrote:OTB prahses it much better than I did.
:lol: Um...thanks, but we're not talking about the same thing. Basically, I'm suggesting that the beginning of FO3 could center around the classic "free man vs. encroaching civilization" theme. I have to agree w/Prov that the way things are going w/the NCR there isn't going to be much of a Wasteland as they are doing their level best to advance technology, expand trade, etc., etc.

Having the scion of the Vault Dweller and Chosen One either be forced into or inadvertantly set things back somehow - I know that's rather vague - would be a gem, IMO.

OTB
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

No, that is actually what I am beggining to suggest.
I just threw the Shi vs. NCR to get the kill the ressurected master idea.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Well if you wanted to have a war...

Have the player sent from arroyo to sign a peace treaty with Tandi Jr. (Or mabye tandis brain in a robot). This way you can get familiar with the wasteland a bit, and up some levels. But some towns won't let you in yet or you can't find them.

Anyway once you get to NCR, you find Tandi has been assasinated and you are arrested. You will be put to death the next day, so you escape and become a fugitive until you reach arroyo. NCR demands they get the player or they will send arroyo crashing to the ground. So then mabye war is declared.

You could replace ncr with san fran though and the player runs to NCR.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

NCR represents democracy, freedom and stuff like that. It's an organized 'Republic'. The question is, is that appropriate for fallout universe? Maybe to a limit but not the way it was presented in Fallout 2. NCR would be acceptable if it would be secluded, like VC and a lot smaller than FO bible says it is. I don't like the fact that Chris A. is making up stuff about NCR, the size, cars, etc. The idea of a unified post-apocalyptic California is ridiculous, that's why NCR expansion has to be stopped. Or perhaps even better, make NCR fall by the time Fallout 3 will act. I remember I discussed with Firewolf in a thread about the possibilities to have NCR fall, death of Tandi, raiders etc. There's plenty of room for imagination.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Constipated Bladerunner wrote:NCR- I dont think so. Even 1867 California had some basic law and order.
I don't recall California being nuked in the 1700s and left without a nation having it as it's territory..
OnTheBounce wrote:Having the scion of the Vault Dweller and Chosen One either be forced into or inadvertantly set things back somehow - I know that's rather vague - would be a gem, IMO.
Or just some nasty raider walking in to the NCR senate and blowing himself and the building up.
VasikkA wrote:NCR represents democracy, freedom and stuff like that. It's an organized 'Republic'. The question is, is that appropriate for fallout universe? Maybe to a limit but not the way it was presented in Fallout 2.
Not to mention how fast it rose to power. From primative farm community to controlling everything in California to the south of it in 80 years.

It would have been a lot better if it was just Shady Sands and Junktown, possibly the Hub, and they were still building it. It would have also been nice if they were having the traditional problems all new nations have with getting the laws of the land right, much like the United States had after the revolution.
NCR would be acceptable if it would be secluded, like VC and a lot smaller than FO bible says it is. I don't like the fact that Chris A. is making up stuff about NCR, the size, cars, etc. The idea of a unified post-apocalyptic California is ridiculous, that's why NCR expansion has to be stopped.
Yeah, that's a huge problem, because the NCR is stable. If it had means of mass/rapid transit plus a stable govermnet, you've got not only the laws of the land, but the means to enforce them readily.
------------------
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

God.
Once again SaintieP proves to me how poorly thought out most of my ideas are.
Though I did think that on some level FO is a western, like in Junktown.
Cars where a bad idea in any case, agreed.
Also, I think there was WAY to much grass on the NCR town. Where the hell did they get the geck?
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

i think i just want another fallout... i dont care how they make it, as long as it doesnt suck!
ahahah..

too bad we cant submit some of these well refined ideas so they will be included in the--hopefully soon to be made--FO3
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:Or just some nasty raider walking in to the NCR senate and blowing himself and the building up.
Well, that would be one way to go, and - since Tandi seems to be a large dose of the glue that holds NCR together - it would probably work. However, I like this little juxtaposition:

FO1 Ending: "You're a hero...and you have to leave!"

FO3 Ending: "You're a hero...no! Wait a minute! You're a fucking asshole and we can't believe what you did!"

The poor scion of the VD and CO. He/she knows what he/she did, but the rest of the world just doesn't understand...

OTB

PS:
Strapon2 wrote:too bad we cant submit some of these well refined ideas so they will be included in the--hopefully soon to be made--FO3
Well, actually we can. We can always post these things on the BIS forums, you can always suggest media along similar lines to MCA (being sure to emphasis what aspect of it that you think would make good FO fodder), or you can email designers. However, if you take the last route, make your suggestions as vague as possible, so they can use 'em w/o fear of you suing 'em.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

This is by far and away the best idea pertaining to FO3 yet, OTB.
Keep up the great work.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

OnTheBounce wrote:Well, that would be one way to go, and - since Tandi seems to be a large dose of the glue that holds NCR together - it would probably work. However, I like this little juxtaposition:

FO1 Ending: "You're a hero...and you have to leave!"

FO3 Ending: "You're a hero...no! Wait a minute! You're a fucking asshole and we can't believe what you did!"

The poor scion of the VD and CO. He/she knows what he/she did, but the rest of the world just doesn't understand...
That is a good idea. The good guy has to do something for the greater good that would knock civilization back for a while. Not only would that be the kind of "let down" style ending that was fantastic in Fallout, it would also steer Fallout back on course.

Then again, that's the ending to Escape from LA which was on ABC last night. :D
------------------
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Though it would have to be diffirent for every style of play.
Theif- you assasinated the president of NCR
Fighter- You massacerd the entire judicial and executive branches of NCR, possibly in a referance to "Mel Gibson goes to Washington" episode of the Simpsons (just a stupid idea)
Charisma/ Intelligent- You created a infectious yet mild form of fev. Cool.
Note, however, that I am not sure weather having one person know what happened is a good idea- might come off to FO1ish. How about the new arroyo, assuming you work for them.
The Shrike
Respected
Respected

Post by The Shrike »

Fighter- You massacerd the entire judicial and executive branches of NCR, possibly in a referance to "Mel Gibson goes to Washington" episode of the Simpsons (just a stupid idea)

Oh No not a pop culture reference. :x Fallout 2 had enough of those to last 50 lifetimes! That Simpsons episode though was great!
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I think he means an ending that will affect the whole planet, like blow up the evil machine that will destroy the moon, but instead you create a huge EMP burst and force technology back.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

I know that both the fighter and the thief one are stupid, but I do like the idea for the charisma/smart path- realese an contagious version of the FEV to save mankind. For some reason.
Yeah, I know that people who live in the FO world will already have a large amount of mutations from the spread of FEV, but it WOULD be kool- save mankind by killing it.