Ask Hammer Redux

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Thanks for the .22 info, Murph... If you had more about the other cartridges I'd be very pleased.
PerroViejo
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by PerroViejo »

Dear Hammer:

Being that you earn your keep selling firearms, I take it that often you will get to witness or hear about personal grievances that any number of your customers may have about particular firearm models or manufacturers. Which company and which firearm is the worst offender that you've ever seen/heard of?

Also what is your opinion of the AWI/FEATHERUSA, Rav-9mm and Rav-45 ACP. They sell themselves as
"Manufacture of Guns, Rifles and Shooting Accessories for Shooter's, Varmint Hunting, Backpacking, Camping, Boaters and Pilots that want a Lightweight Take-Down-Rifle for Carry."
I however find it interesting that one of the configurations that they sell seems to be intended for CQC applications, even though the weapon is not offered in a "Law Enforcement Only" burst or automatic fire option, nor is there a shortened barrel version intended for such use.
What do you know about this system, the manufacturers, designers and overall rep of the product?
Last edited by PerroViejo on Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

Kashluk wrote:Thanks for the .22 info, Murph... If you had more about the other cartridges I'd be very pleased.
No problem. I'm at school right now (F'ing around in class!), but I'll post the info on the 50-100 Remington cartridge when I get home.
Doyle wrote:MurPHy wrote:
Damn, there's some old-ass rounds there. The tenth edition of Cartridges of the World doesn't even mention a .36 caliber revolver or rifle cartridge,

That's because, to my knowledge, there never was a self-contained .36 caliber cartridge. I believe the Colt Navy .36 caliber revolver, one of the most popular pistols of the wild-west, was a "cap and ball" revolver. You loaded a ball, black powder, and a percussion cap into each of the cylinders.
Aha! No wonder I had never heard of such a caliber before. I have very little knowledge about cap and ball pistols.