What exacly has Obama done that he hasn't promised?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Meh Senester. I think evil needs to come back in fashion. If something is truly marked as evil it's a free kill by the good guys. That's what Fallout 3 teaches. :drunk:
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

I do agree that it is bat-fucking-shit crazy that corporations by law are required to earn the maximum amount of cash for their investors. This is made worse by the pathological abuses many corporations are responsible for around the world. A good example is all the oil-spills on the coast of nigeria that makes the BP spill look like a little puddle of mud. Did I mention it happens all the time, and nobody gives a shit? Because its africa, and corporations have no memory, no conscience, and rightly so because that would only hinder them in earning money for the shareholders. Wont somebody think of the shareholders?!?
Pretty much what I tried to claim as evil but got a whole lot of uggly looks on me because only old stuck up christians use concepts like good and evil, right? ...PR isn't very important in Africa because it's not an export market and thusly there is nothing requiring and worse *nothing allowing* corporations to do good things in Africa. If there weren't any regulations they would do even worse in the US to - not that it can get much worse.

Secondly capitalism at its core regards humans as a resource, and a resource that is abundant and easy to replace. Case and point is bangladesh that is a small nation with hundred of millions of poor destitute workers that will continue to be destitute as long as large international corporations can rape them for 5 cents an hour. But as long as the so-called "invisible hand" decides its all good I guess. Put your faith in an invisible entity and you are scott free and can kiss you childer good night. Blame free. Care free, and loaded with cash.
Obviously you can see that I am no huge fan of capitalism from my posts but I do think that this can be tamed to a certain degree if people have to have their little capitalism at peace. It can be organised and regulated and society can take a responsibility.

The problem is that capitalism is a system full of paradoxes and despite all the regulations you put in and all the social activism that goes behind it you will still get those that are working within the system automaticly trying to circumvent every regulation and restriction.

Capitalism wants "free markets" but every corporation works to obliterate their competition and own larger shares of the market.

Capitalism that is "good" for society needs a huge, strong consumer base yet every corporation works to individually worsen conditions for their workers ultimately destroying the consumer base that makes their profits.

That's why I think the system needs to be thrown out. But Bangladesh is a clear example of an entire country that's basicly become a no-tax, no-regulations haven and as I said in the beginning capitalism+free market (fundamentalism) is bound to produce "bad" (evil, unhealthy, damaging) consequences for the majority of the population.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

stfu. thread over.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Dogmeatlives wrote:stfu. thread over.
But if we don't speak up about the oil soaked bir...kids in Nigeria who will?
How can you say such a foul mouthed, evil thing Dog? Where's your heart. :cry:
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Username wrote:You're so deep up what can only be described as Palins ass
So I point out your comprehension of politics and business doesn't line up with reality, and your only come back is to claim I have a political affiliation that I don't?

The problem with my brand of moderate is that idiots who support Obama peg me as a hardcore conservative, and the idiots who support Palin peg me as a pinko liberal.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

No I just "pegged" you a palin supporter because she *beliiiiiveees" in the little guy and in the inherit goodness of the american system like an idiot with no insight.

Those nice oil companies in Alaska <33333
I have no idea what your politicial affiliation is beyond that it's mainstream and dumbed down.

Also don't get me wrong. Remember my only initial point was that Obama was the lesser evil of two corrupt sides of the same coin, regardless of political position. I just found it weird that such things like guantanamo (that has at least released the majority of prisoners), increased surveilance, Iraq War (semi-fulfilled) or bailouts were seen as a reason to vote Republican. The only reason I really can think of was that he backstabbed on so many of the big promises that people just wanted to vote on the side that openly stabs the majority. You educated me on the fact that he didn't include a public option for the healthcare thing for example but I still think that he improved the situation for those that had it worst and the expense of those that had it the best. Here's a list: http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/pro ... onal-heal/
The reason for not including a public option was pretty simple. When an audience member at a March 25, 2010, speech in Iowa City, Iowa, asked why the public option wasn't included, Obama responded, "Because we couldn’t get it through Congress, that’s why."
Maybe it's not all Obamas fault afterall? Again why vote republican?

So I also think that people give Obama a bit to little credit for the smaller good changes he has pushed through and the overall increased confidence in america throughout the world thanks to him.

Sorry for the many edits. Kept googling on this a bit and found out some interesting stuff.
Last edited by Username on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

VOTE FOR OBAMA OR ELSE YOU HATE NIG3RS VOTE FOR JOHN MCCAIN OR YOU HATE JESUS VOTE FOR HILLARY AND THEN FEEL BAD BECAUSE SHE HAS A PERIOD AND BLOWS EVERYTHING UP
Last edited by Yonmanc on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Username wrote:No I just "pegged" you a palin supporter because she *beliiiiiveees" in the little guy and in the inherit goodness of the american system like an idiot with no insight.

Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Kashluk wrote:The first time someone mentioned 'evil' in this discussion, I completely lost interest. Sorry, guys.
That, and people demonstrating their complete lack of knowledge about the topic.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

hazzuh

Post by Blargh »

IT IS SO WONDERFUL

SO WONDERFUL

TO HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON

HUZZAH

:drunk:
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

Wasn't Obama to legalize pot and to make wearing yellow Fubu clothes mandatory? Or am I confusing things again?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

stfu. thread over.
Hail the collective.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Dont diss the flock. All hail the quote button!!
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Username wrote:
stfu. thread over.
Hail the collective.
Moar liek STFU cause no one cares.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Wolfman Walt wrote:
Username wrote:
stfu. thread over.
Hail the collective.
Moar liek STFU cause no one cares.
t's evil to gang up on a poor bloke like me. You are an evil, bad person sir.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

CACOPHONIC SEAT EDGE BALLET

Post by Blargh »

Perfidious Stench Filcher wrote:bloke
No remorse for the Cretin

A film not from Chan-wook Park

Coming this never

Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

Username wrote:
No I just "pegged" you a palin supporter because she *beliiiiiveees" in the little guy and in the inherit goodness of the american system like an idiot with no insight.

When you put it like that. I think I want to support Palin now.
I been K-lined, G-lined, and Kalvin Klein'd. Nevermind , my kicks, temp bans, perma bans and accusations that i use contraband. i am a hardcore troller, from when i get out of bed, till i fall asleep contemplating the new trolls that lay ahead. 24/7 the net is active, gotta preemptive or be two two puh packive
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Re: CACOPHONIC SEAT EDGE BALLET

Post by Username »

Blargh wrote:
Perfidious Stench Filcher wrote:bloke
No remorse for the Cretin

A film not from Chan-wook Park

Coming this never

*cries*