Vault 13

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Or you can pay the 10k and steal it back afterwards. :twisted:
Talps
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Talps »

actualy you just click on the main computer on lvl 3, its the same in all vaults, or alteastin that little area below the overseer, and it gives you info, regardless of your skill, infact, this is the most common way to get to the vault.. its a basic chain..

Arroyo > Klamath > Den > Vault City > Vault 15 > Vault 13 > Arroyo > San Franscisco/Navarro > Enclave

Of course that's the fast way.
Confront with understanding and love. Use violence as a last resort.
Beren
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Umm

Post by Beren »

If you want the deathclaws to live, don't let Goris join your group. Goris joining is what triggers Horrigan's raid on Vault 13. He will raid Vault 13 two weeks after Goris joins your team, even if you've already won the game.

As for the ghouls, if you're referring to the Gecko ghouls, you should get a decent ending for them as long as you don't optimize their reactor. There is no good ending for them

If you're referring to the Necropolis ghouls of Fallout, you just have to fix the water pump and kill the super mutants before too much time elapses. I finish all of the quests for each town as I reach them: Shady Sands, Junktown, the Hub, Necropolis, Boneyard. I stop over at the BOS and the Glow in keeping with that schedule.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Re: Umm

Post by Red »

Beren wrote:If you want the deathclaws to live, don't let Goris join your group. Goris joining is what triggers Horrigan's raid on Vault 13. He will raid Vault 13 two weeks after Goris joins your team, even if you've already won the game.
See my other post...

The rest of your post is correct :D
Beren
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Doh!

Post by Beren »

Yeah, I stand corrected. I just won and showed up at the vault, and they're toast. There wasn't a bad ending clip, but what a disappointment.

Why did they have to push this game out the door way back when? Remember life without the patch, phantom Highwayman trunks, duplicate characters, it was unplayable.

Even now, there are a half-million disappointments left, and this is one of the big ones for me. I have finished the game within two weeks of arriving at V13 and even then, Horrigan shows up from beyond the grave!

I know there wont be another patch, but why do the bums shove products out the door well before the bugs are worked out? It's the damn Microsoft syndrome. I've been waiting for Hitman 2 for months now (they keep pushing back the release date), and I don't mind waiting. What do these guys think, we wont buy it if it doesn't come out immediately?
Red

Post by Red »

Well, it's not a Microsoft Syndrome.. See, Microsoft has plenty of money, where IP doesn't. MS never "shove" anything out to make money, but it's often bug ridden none the less. Ip however do shove stuff out BECAUSE they need money...
Beren
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Beren »

That's really short sighted from many perspectives. Maybe we should call it the American syndrome. I worked in an automotive factory where the push it out the door method was standard operating procedure.

I was relied upon with robotics. When I saw that the 'bots were going out of calibration, I told them what needed to be done. The solution meant about eighty hours of work. They went with an alternate solution that took about twenty hours to implement, but the underlying problem was totally ignored. Six months later, I was proved right, but now recalibration meant about 120 hours of work. If you don't do it right the first time, you will spend many times that doing it right eventually.

Maybe Interplay was desperate for cash, but I'll wager that the hardest work began after the initial release.