Fallout "Armor"

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Nothing special. Only a few tidbits of information, nothing else. The press is neutral, or it simply doesn't cares. As for the fanbase, most of them praise it or remain neutral as well. Few assholes like dare to criticise.

I'll make a topic at Vault BR about our awesome site. I'd like to translate it when it comes as well.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Got the evil bastard done sometime yesterday evening. Used the Max template shoulder pad only I covered with patches of worn brown leather and made some other changes including an additional, smaller shoulder pad for the left. Most notably I made a breastplate out of liscence plates I rivited together and then spray painted olive green.

If I can coax my professor into sharing the wealth I should have her photos she took sometime in the next couple of days, otherwise I'll have to rent a camera and take some shots myself. Either way, pictures soon.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Aonaran has only one eye.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Alright, here are a couple of parts from the overall outfit and really all I had time to photograph tonight.

The overjacket:

And the Breastplate:

Last edited by Aonaran on Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Impressive.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Gracias, here is the concept drawing I have for the helm I PLAN on making this weekend:

Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Wee, German army surplus shirts and jackets, we got some of those as well. Use them as working clothes around the farm, pretty sturdy for second-hand stuff.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

:Deutsche Wertarbeit:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Nice werk. The armor parts are a bit small but I doubt it was planned for use anyway. Small buckles and dried blood would give a nice touch to the breastplate.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

They sell brahm, err, bovine or pig blood in butcher's shops, you could use that. A couple of reasonable smacks with a sledge or a regular hammer could work for the "combat effect".
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Kashluk wrote:A couple of reasonable smacks with a sledge or a regular hammer could work for the "combat effect".
Yeah, that's the second time that's been suggested so I guess I'm gonna have to do it, just hard to bring yourself to bring a hammer down on the fucker after putting so much work into it. Ah well. I'm also thinking about riveting in some cheap leather belts I bought at a thrift store across the chest of the over jacket where it goes over top of the breastplate, that should secure the shoulder pads a little more as well as stabilize the plate underneath. I already have plans underway to make another plate with a slightly different harness design as soon as I can get my hands on some more licence plates.

In the long run my goal is to make 3 or 4 completely different costumes so that if I ever need some crazy post apoc shit for a short or a school project I've got it ready. Also it's not bad to have around to scare the ever loving shit out of the neighbors.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Aonaran wrote:
Kashluk wrote:A couple of reasonable smacks with a sledge or a regular hammer could work for the "combat effect".

In the long run my goal is to make 3 or 4 completely different costumes so that if I ever need some crazy post apoc shit for a short or a school project I've got it ready. Also it's not bad to have around to scare the ever loving shit out of the neighbors.
For Halloween, pose that stuff on mannequins (or use poles to do it scarecrow style).

Probably get stolen.

Stick to snowman blowjobs, etc.

vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

really nice werk man. good photos and documentation.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

vx trauma wrote:really nice werk man. good photos and documentation.
Thanks man, it really isn't that impressive though until you see it all together on a model. Like I said I'll have more of it done this weekend and hopefully will have new pictures up by the start of next week.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Here is the latest mask:

It still needs to be beaten up and weathered but not a bad starting point.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Nice desert-y touch. I like.