The Master

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

I had at leats 15 when I reached the master. Two lucky shots to they eye and he died before I even needed them. That sucked.
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

If I have a melee or unarmed character, he almost certainly dies in one turn. :cry:
fuck
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

i always just tossed a couple pulse gernades at him. Simple enough.
Chopper Bob
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Chopper Bob »

May I express how great I think the master is? Fallout sure has one of the best endings of all games.

My experience with killing the master is as follows: I talked him out of it, while not having Vree's tape, but DO having read it. Just by asking one of his female muties he'll be convinced.
Just as one said before me. But I had a
CH: 5
IN: 10
LK: 10
(naturally, without using any chems or perks)
Science at 200%, Speech at 160%
Smooth Talker (1)

Basically the only info you get from this that it isn't charisma that counts. ;)
:)
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Zbyram »

Yea sure, you don't need to have the Vree disk, just read it earlier. In my last game i had about 100% speech and charisma 4 - it's more then enough to convince him - you don't need skills THAT high. Actually i think that if you really show him the disk he says that it proves nothing.
Walking Refrigerator
Regular
Regular

Post by Walking Refrigerator »

Exactly. I'd say IN & speech count
Before the war, they were know as milking machines.
Now I use one to piss.
Does that answer your question?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

First time I played, I went toe-to-toe with the Master. Since it was my first time through, and pretty much my first RPG experiance in quite some time, I had a luck of 1, and an agility of 10.

Armed with my Rocket Launcher, and my TPR I just started firing. The fight went for about...20 or so rounds. And after about 5 reloads, thanks to some arsy critical causing me to be sawn in half, I managed to kill him.
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

Ugh i can't even imagine playing through the game with luck below 6.
Valdis

Post by Valdis »

I finished the game with a char that had 2 luck. It wasn't too different from playing the game with a char with 5 luck, except you have no chance at finding any of the "special" encounters.
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

well those were my favorite well besides the dev jokes which i really enjoy
Valdis

Post by Valdis »

I have'nt noticed many dev jokes in FO.
FO2 takes the cake with dev jokes.
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

Yes and the cake is good...
Valdis

Post by Valdis »

Som Guy wrote:Yes and the cake is good...
A damn good one, too. 8)
If only BIS came to their senses and made FO3

Oh well, :?
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

you know one of these days im gonna hold them hostage and froce them too
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Or force them to sell the license to Troika.
Bluemouse
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Bluemouse »

Stainless wrote:First time I played, I went toe-to-toe with the Master. Since it was my first time through, and pretty much my first RPG experiance in quite some time, I had a luck of 1, and an agility of 10.

Armed with my Rocket Launcher, and my TPR I just started firing. The fight went for about...20 or so rounds. And after about 5 reloads, thanks to some arsy critical causing me to be sawn in half, I managed to kill him.
I had a luck of about 4 and agility of 8 when I first fought The Master, armed with power armor and a trusty minigun. After a few buffouts, and psycho, along with some 20 or so stimpacks, I beat him with 3 hitpoints left.

I love Fallout. :D
Meths
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Meths »

Bluemouse wrote:I love Fallout. :D
:lol:
I like BIG guns...
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

i just put on my nero-hat that the crazy guy gave to me, ran down the gooy hallway, saved, then had a chat with the master.

it took a few tries, but after you get the right order of dialog options and argue him enough without being too hostile or too weak he will "process" the info from the disk and admit that his plan was for shit cause all the muties are sterile because of the background radiation that messed up FEV. ::Ghasp!:: runon!
Haethurn
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Haethurn »

Raymondo2000 wrote:Dogmeat died before I got to the master :( it was so sad
Bah. I always kill Dogmeat in my games now. He's so worthless. If I decide to let him live, I just continue on if he dies. I don't really care about him.

Once I wired him up with explosives to try to get rid of him, but the damned thing kept following me, so I ran and ran and tried to find a door to room to lock myself in and get away from him, but then *BOOM*. I died.

Fallout 2, on the other hand, is something else entirely. I would never just continue on if an npc follower died in that game. In Fallout 2, Black Isle did an excellent job of making some of the npcs useful, something they completely neglected to do in Fallout.
Ninja Penguin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ninja Penguin »

Haethurn wrote:
Raymondo2000 wrote:Dogmeat died before I got to the master :( it was so sad
Bah. I always kill Dogmeat in my games now. He's so worthless. If I decide to let him live, I just continue on if he dies. I don't really care about him.

Once I wired him up with explosives to try to get rid of him, but the damned thing kept following me, so I ran and ran and tried to find a door to room to lock myself in and get away from him, but then *BOOM*. I died.
YOU ARE A HORRIBLE MONSTER. WISH FOR DEATH.

Besides, Ian, Katja and Tycho end up bogging me down ("Help! I wasted all my ammo bursting you in the back! Give me more!") or just plain being dead ("No ammo? BANZAI!!!!" ::minigun firing::), but never Dogmeat. He always manages to survive. Last game he took down the Deathclaw Queen, albeit with some help (plasma to the eyes) from me.