Lovely Craziness

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Mr. Green wrote:Did Mad Max have a crowbar? I believed he had a knife in Road Warrior and he basically no weapons throughout Thunderdome.
Yes, at the beginning of The Road Warrior he has a crowbar. I think you're remembering the knife he had hidden near the disarming switch on his car's fuel tanks.
Mr. Green wrote:Of course, being me, I haven't seen Mad Max I.
I recommend you skip it, unless you can see it w/the original dialogue. The US-dubbing is so poor it makes most spaghetti westerns sound really good. (Fortunately the Special Edition has the original Australian dialogue.)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Sorry for off-topicing:

Hm... I just started a Mad Max- oriented Fallout 2 game and I'm thinking of using Small Guns, Melee Weapons & Repair as tag skills, Leather jacket as armor + sawed off shotgun / crowbar as weapons.

Is this the best choice or would you recommend something else as well?
Raksha
Respected
Respected

Post by Raksha »

A knife. ;)

And a dog, obviously.
<i>Spelling and grammar are to the internet world as tooth-brushing and hair-washing are
to the real world. No matter how nice of a person you are, people are still going to
form a bad opinion of you based on your outward presentation and hygiene.</i>
Blizzard
Respected
Respected

Post by Blizzard »

get the car, mos. def. and soup that shit up w/ all the upgrades possible.(he had a car in one of 'em)
Schala...I've missed you so...NO!
You must not climb death peak
You wouldnt make it very far anyway..
It has to be the right time...
and THEY...
THEY have to show you...the way
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

In Road Warrior. Mel had a car, he totaled it and some goons got blown up trying to recover the gas from it's tanks.

In the first one, I think he drove a taxi. I'm not sure, at all.

In Road Warrior, did anyone notice the sand coming out of the tanker before that fact is fully revealed to the audience?

Ah crap, let's get back on topic.
Blizzard
Respected
Respected

Post by Blizzard »

I never noticed it, 'splain to me where.

I love those movies

anyway

try a "1 kill" game
where you only kill frank horrigan, but talk your way out of everything else. Is it possible?
Schala...I've missed you so...NO!
You must not climb death peak
You wouldnt make it very far anyway..
It has to be the right time...
and THEY...
THEY have to show you...the way
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Hm... a leather jacket, a car, a sawn-off shotgun, Dogmeat and knife/crowbar (or some other kinky melee weapon)... I guess I'll do just fine against the Enclave :)
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

LOL you're going to tag repair? Hmm... how about tagging speech? Max was fairly good at it, plus in the game speech pwns.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Damn you Franz. I was about to say that. I had melee, small guns and speech tagged. having speech at 120% is all you really need, with your small guns being very high (need to get those eye criticals)
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well, I'm on about level 8 now, ditched the sawn-off and kept the normal shotgun.... The range of the sawn-off sucks. And I've already invested quite a lot of points in speech and I bet leveling up is the only way I'm going to survive :)

Still, I don't understand what's so "lol" about tagging repair? It's not like I'm having Vic along, there's no room for any other NPC than dogmeat.

How did you do against heavily armored opponents, Stainless?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Kashluk wrote:Hm... I just started a Mad Max- oriented Fallout 2 game and I'm thinking of using Small Guns, Melee Weapons & Repair as tag skills, Leather jacket as armor + sawed off shotgun / crowbar as weapons.
That would work better in Fallout 1, I think... since you can get dogmeat and it's more fun anyway.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well... you don't have Combat Leatherjacket in Fallout 1 :)
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Plus you can have four dogs at the same time in FO2.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well... I'm only planning to get one, the original Dogmeat, as soon as I get the Cafe of Broken Dreams- encounter.

But now I'm at level 16, doing pretty well, got TAG! and tagged speech as the fourth skill... But I still do not dare to fight south of New Reno. It's suicidal to go against anything bigger than a pig rat with a normal shotgun ;)
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Criticals to groans, followed by critical to eyes. Died alot. But that's beside the point. My highest stats were percep and luck, followed by agility. Don't need a high strength.
OnTheBounce wrote:
Mr. Green wrote: Did Mad Max have a crowbar? I believed he had a knife in Road Warrior and he basically no weapons throughout Thunderdome.

Yes, at the beginning of The Road Warrior he has a crowbar. I think you're remembering the knife he had hidden near the disarming switch on his car's fuel tanks.
He also had a pair of bolt cutters. :)
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well my SPECIAL goes as follows:

Str 7
Per 7
End 7
Cha 5
Int 8
Agi 8
Lck 7

Gifted-trait + the zeta-scan explains the high numbers. Might not be the best possible solution, but it has worked for me so far :-/

And it seems that already gaining a few levels affects the outcome of battles a lot. At level 14 I was afraid to fight against the slavers at NCR, but at level 16 I took out Mordinos AND Salvatores.
American Tourister
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by American Tourister »

How are you going to get through the Enclave if you're not wearing powered armor? Won't the soldiers, and maybe the turrets in the first room, open up on you immediately?

I guess sneaking would help if your % was high enough.
"...Curtis Lowe was the finest picker to ever play the blues"
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Yeah, sneak is pretty handy
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah... but I don't know, maybe I'm allowed to use power armor for "non-combat purposes only" ? Or should I just level up 'till 99 or something and whack the shit out of them with my leatherjacket/shotgun combination?

Working on it :)
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Stroll around the wastes Northeast of San Fran and fight the centaurs, they will get you strong enough in no time. Then you should have enough HP/Perks to take on the enclave.