Useless items?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Yeah, you can use them, without any funky penalties either, so don't hesitate to "cheat" :)
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Zbyram »

Red wrote:Yeah, you can use them, without any funky penalties either, so don't hesitate to "cheat" :)
I've never used normal boxing gloves. :evil: Is it much harder than with the plated ones?
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

lets say you do like 1-3 damage with the non plated ones, with the plated ones you can do like 3-8 at the most. it makes for a much quicker/easier fight.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

I never used the plated gloves and I still never had a hard time. I'd only ever do the boxing matches with an unarmed character though, so I could punch them in the eyes and get critical hits all the time anyway, so I'd do way more than 1-3 damage. I'm pretty sure I got several one hit KO's.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

be careful whilest killing the boxers, if you do sometimes that boxing bug arises, and no one wants that
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Well, all of my boxing matches have ended in knockout or opponents critical miss anyway. Killing them takes a lot of time if you're no Hth character. The only thing I hate is the awfully slow match presentation, and the masticator taste for ears.
Red

Post by Red »

Usually people ge their HP low enough to end the fight. When that happens you have 1 extra turn (which can be used SAFELY to save!), but a lot of people take that time to kill the opponent and get some extra XP out of it. Doing so doesn't NECESSARELY cause the bug but usally does...
Fsi-Dib
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Fsi-Dib »

One useless item: The one keycard you find from the crashed vertibird. At first I thought it could be used with the elevator in the Toxic Caves.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Fsi-Dib wrote:One useless item: The one keycard you find from the crashed vertibird. At first I thought it could be used with the elevator in the Toxic Caves.
Hmm, I thought it could be used in the Gecko powerplant..? I don't remember using it though, you can easily find another yellow keycard in the powerplant. Picking the elevator lock is the only way of getting into the Toxic Cave final level(after repairing the generator).
Red

Post by Red »

nag, you can't use that card anywhere.