Fallout 3 theme soundtrack.

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Grand Lord Penguin
Respected
Respected
Location: The secret underground lair- er, dojo of the Penguin style Kung-Fu

Post by Grand Lord Penguin »

The_one-1 wrote::fist: :drinking: :bad-words: :silly: :rainbowafro: :usa :snipersmile: :shocked!: :smilecolros:
Indiana Jones can go blow! 5o's jazz can go to hell. Heavy Metal all the way.
...Just die.
Black Mage: She better have an antidote for FACE STABBIN'! 'Cause, ooh, her face is so stabbed when we get back!
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

agree that Rock can be great, but come on- How many times have you seen Orson Wells banging his head to Linkin Park? This is retro-future, dumass :mad:
How about "Who wants to be a millionare (I dont)" from high sosiety. Its a wonderful life is overused.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

I had a post at V13 about Wonderful World.

The view was panned down to a science manual or a history book or something, complete with pictures and that sort of thing, and the wind blows it page by page over with the song playing...then at the end it pans upwards to show that the desk the book was on is halfway destroyed and the rest of the once-thriving neighborhood is totally demolished.

Would add a bittersweet irony, much like the first one.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Mizkif wrote:Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
that songs good...but then what would the game be about? Trying to make the wasteland really dark? Mabye if they cut the vocals out and then distorted it slightly. Pity the music is already used for another game :D

I think it should have something to do with the plot.

I prefer the fallout 2 music to fallout 1's even though it had nothing to do with the game.

I think they should just have a mix of fallout 1+2 intro voice (war...war never changes...) going really quietly in the background, with some slow music playing in the background, but nearer the end it goes up and down and then slowly quieter. Because I'm hoping they kill the hero in the end so they wont be able to butcher a sequel.

More games need to kill there heros off in the end.
Nirvana
Regular
Regular

Post by Nirvana »

I think it should have diferent kinds of music for the diferents moments of the game , for example in a fight u should get a metal music or something
that pushes your adrenaline all the way up .
One music i would love to see in a video of fallout 3 would be Wagner Ride
Of The Valquirias , it would be very cool , like the video showing raiders attacking some civilian convoy or something and killing and getting killed
something like that ...
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Nirvana wrote:One music i would love to see in a video of fallout 3 would be Wagner Ride Of The Valquirias [sic]...
The only real problem I'd have w/that is that Ride of the Valkyries has already been used for so many things, just like the O Fortuna movement of Carmina Burana. (If you don't recognize the title of that other one, you'd recognize the choral arrangement if you heard it...unless you live under a rock or something. ;) ) Well, that and the fact that it'd just wouldn't have the same ambience as something from the '30s, '40s or '50s.

Honestly, how many of you had heard a song that debuted in the charts in 1940 before you played Fallout? Most people playing these games today probably had heard of Louis Armstrong, I seriously doubt that too many had heard A Kiss to Build a Dream On before they played FO2.

For all I care, they can use The Andrew Sisters' Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree (With Anybody Else But Me) as long as it has something to do w/what's happening in the game.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Icabod »

Roy Rogers "Don't fence me in." It's fifties, and it fits a large worldmap (Assuming FO3 is large). Yea...
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

The_one-1 wrote::fist: :drinking: :bad-words: :silly: :rainbowafro: :usa :snipersmile: :shocked!: :smilecolros:
Indiana Jones can go blow! 5o's jazz can go to hell. Heavy Metal all the way.
See, I told ya that these kind of threads show who does and doesn't get it. Also, the use of a lot of emoticons basically says, "I'm just here to post stupid shit on your forum while I'm not playing Counter Strike!"
------------------
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Heavy metal in Fallout, hah!
I'd like something in the lines of previous Fallouts, and as long as it isn't B. Spears :P
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Icabod »

The only heavy metal song that would be remotely acceptable would be the Rollins Bands "Ghostrider" from The Crow soundtrack. In one verse it says "Hes walkin' around in his blue chump-suit yea...". :lol:
DeepOmega
Regular
Regular

Post by DeepOmega »

Uh. No. No Heavy Metal. Nuh uh. No way no how. It must be pre-60s, and I really liked the jazz in the first two... Preferably something kinda obscure, which unfortunately rules out What A Wonderful World (even tho it's a really good song... but it's cliche now). Most Ella Fitzgerald would be good fare, but it's kinda hard to pick a song without an idea of what'd be happening in the game...

Peace and much love...
Mikey
Regular
Regular

Post by Mikey »

One More Time (Dear) by... i have no fucken' clue.

if it's any help, the song plays down at animoid row in the bar. in the game Blade Runner.

*edit*
well i downloaded the song and it's actually called One More Kiss (Dear). you can use Jim Hall/Vangelis/Henry Merill to specify your search.

still... it's not the version that's used in the game Blade Runner (thus the one i'm looking for). anyone who's played BR and visited that bar down at Animoid Row knows the song is absolutely perfect for a fallout intro movie. swell song.
nein! das ist verboten, goddammit!
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

Personally for the intro id think about using "Mr.Sandman" by the chordettes. I think it just fits the fallout atmosphere by the sound. And really none of the songs used previously had anything to do with the storyline. Seriously.
Vikjunk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Vikjunk »

Som Guy wrote:Personally for the intro id think about using "Mr.Sandman" by the chordettes. I think it just fits the fallout atmosphere by the sound. And really none of the songs used previously had anything to do with the storyline. Seriously.
The intro helps set the mood of the games. It shows the contrast of the happy optimistic past with the old happy tone music then thrusts you into the harsh reality of the world with the clip shown after the music.
Proud son of the fallen V13.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Mikey wrote:One More Time (Dear) by... i have no fucken' clue.
It was in the movie as well.
------------------
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

I am with Tim Cain on this.
Some sort of opera.
a la Homeworld?
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Constipated BladeRunner wrote:I am with Tim Cain on this.
Some sort of opera.
a la Homeworld?
I think Tim was either joking or breathing heavy vapor when he wrote that. Opera's peak was during the Renaissance, not during the 1940s/1950s. Lionheart could stand to have an Operatic theme, but it wouldn't quite be on line with Fallout's theme.
------------------
Blacken
Respected
Respected

Post by Blacken »

Baroque, not Renaissance, wasn't it? I'm not sure.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

What I think that Tim is trying to propose by less cultural referances could, quite possibly go deeper than getting rid of the bridge FO2 encounter.
Perhaps he is thinking almost more Delicatessen style, classical (read almost archaic) form of post apoc?
One who's setting is not a future that does just not have miniturization, therefore staying in the fifties, but perhaps a post apoc setting that is based more on 1920's purley hypothetical post nuklear war?
Wow.
THAT was confusing.
Last edited by Constipated BladeRunner on Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Constipated BladeRunner wrote:THAT was confusing.
Yes it was.

An opera is not very 1950's, but showing nukes being blown up along with dramatic opera music on the background in the intro would be quite impressive. It would be not along the lines of previous fallout intros but Tim Cain knows what he's talking about. Take a close look at the intro in his next Troika game. :wink: