Saddam hussein captured

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

My dad might have flown some the special forces to nab him. I'm not sure if they took him off the QRF, though. He used to fly lead on the QRF night shift, because of his NVG skills. But seeing as there were so many troops it sounded like they had enough time to plan it out somewhat.

btw the QRF is the Quick Reaction Force. Apparently, it's their job to load up with special forces and ship out within 30 minutes of getting word that a high value target, like Saddam, is at this place for a short time.
oh and NVG is night vision goggles.

I actually haven't heard who it was that actually did the capturing. Was it the first infantry division? I'm going to google search.
Mailbox Man!
Yar.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

OTB the Wise wrote:I'd buy that for a dollar. Well, provided you threw Noriega into the mix. Of course, he'd have to be his ol' cigar-chompin', machete-wieldin' self ag'in to make it worthwhile.

I'd say that I wanted Ceausescu in that mix as well, but...well, he was in about the same shape as Mussolini after the smoke cleared.
You just love listening to yourself talk don't you?
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Franz_Schubert wrote:You just love listening to yourself talk don't you?
Dont we all? :D