Half life 2

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Skipped the last page as it became boring as hell.

Now why havent anyone mentioned Ravenholm? nobody goes to Revenholm

That was one of the best parts of the game. An entire practiserange city for your gravity gun. Chopping zombies with the saw thingy over and over again just added to the excitement.
And for the nerds completing the game in 13 hours, Wth? Get out more, use the hardest setting like I did. There is a world beyound your computer.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

MR Snake wrote:And for the nerds completing the game in 13 hours, Wth? Get out more, use the hardest setting like I did. There is a world beyound your computer.
Ah, assumptions like these are so . . . refreshing. :drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Seriously though, if you play the game 24 hours in a row and complain about how you finished it in 1 day, it's your fucking problem.

That's like people sueing McDo and KFC because they're fat.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I was unaware that the game was supposed to be played beyond 13 hours.
Harriers for the cup.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

That avatar... naaah.

Well, you can play it second time, and once more after that. Game which you complete and put away isn't worth the money for me.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

The only reason I'd have to go back is to look for G-man sightings.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

MR Snake wrote:And for the nerds completing the game in 13 hours, Wth? Get out more, use the hardest setting like I did. There is a world beyound your computer.
Hang on... get out more and enjoy the 'world beyound [sic] your computer' by playing the game on a harder difficulty so that it takes longer to finish? Does this make sense in Bizarro land? Get back on your banana boat!
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Hum I think I know what he is trying to say. And yes I use the hardest difficulty setting when I live my REAL LIFE.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

y0 brotha, life is tuff on tha streets, it da reel thing man! Its da REEL thing! w0rd
fizzlephox
SDF!
SDF!

Post by fizzlephox »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Seriously though, if you play the game 24 hours in a row and complain about how you finished it in 1 day, it's your fucking problem.

That's like people sueing McDo and KFC because they're fat.
I completely agree. I do think however no matter how short-lived it is still a great experience and the mod community will embrace it more than any game before it (besides its predecessor). Valve's also helping in the war against piracy and that's a good thing for PC gamers who want more resources invested in our medium.

Man I haven't posted here in a long time... I remember the times with Stainless, Neondingo, NuclearGhandi, other people who I forget their name at the moment, and also when I wasn't just some dumb fuk. My beloved post count is gone!!! Oh well.
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

What was your name beforehand?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yeh, NuclearGhandi was coolyo.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Oh my. NuclearGhandi totally sucked.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
fizzlephox
SDF!
SDF!

Post by fizzlephox »

boywoos wrote:What was your name beforehand?
Alphawulf122, I posted a bit but didn't post or spam enough to be very memorable. I remember.. someone named Megatron I think. He had an Avatar everyone thought were sentinels from The Matrix but it was actually a stack of coke lids. Something like that. It was a major revelation at the time.

edit: I even remember the old RPG planet days that went something like :clap: :drunk: :dance: :evil_laugh: :dance: :joy: :lalala: :pelvic_thrust: :censored: :chainsaw:
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

The name does seem vaugely familiar, welcome back.

Susan, NG was a dick.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I still post here, just no-where near as much as I used to. :lalala:

Personally, I think the online registration is just a pain in the arse. I'm all for having to register a product online if you intend to play multiplayer, etc with it, but making me have to connect to the net to unlock some singleplayer game I paid for is annoying as all buggery. Especially if I need to go out of my way to install modems and drivers to do so. That, and the relativily small amount of play time are the reasons why I havn't gotten a copy yet. I think I'll wait till it drops down to some nice price that covers the inconvenience of having to fiddle about with my set up.
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Burnov »

Personally, I think the online registration is just a pain in the arse. I'm all for having to register a product online if you intend to play multiplayer
I agree.

Currently the PHL forums are flooded with complaints that a recent patch that -you- must update like it or not, has essentially forbidden people from playing Source games (CS or HL2) because they can't connect to steam to update.
None of the games will work until they are finished updating. There appears to be something wrong with the update screen when you launch the game, it doesn't show it right. Check the monitor, that will give you a much more accurate indication of your update progress
This is fucking ridiculous.

More fun with steam:
Why is it that HL2 makes an absolute shamozzle of your hard drive? I mean, I have to defrag 2 or 3 times before each play, just so the damn stuttering doesn't get too bad. And there are two HUGE HL2 files that WON'T defrag at all! There is so much 'red territory' on my HDD because of HL2 you would think it was a Republican state in a US election!

No other game has caused my HDD to be in such a mess. Is there a way around this? Is it something that can be addressed in a patch? I'm guessing it's due to the way HL2 and/or Steam reads files and does its thing with them, but I'm no expert in these matters...
In Reply To #2
Yeah STEAM makes a mess of you HD... I installed W-XP yesterday, did a defrag, and it was very clean,. no file fragment's anymore,.. not 1

But after I installed STEAM (sigh) and HL2 etc etc,.. My HD was one big red zone!!!! It took 1 our for it to defrag, and it was nice again. But then I played it a couple of time's and my HD was a big red zone again,..
it is because all the files are encrypted to 128 bit
All this indicates to me that Valve is content with pissing on their customers by putting the security of their product before anything else. Even making the game run properly or even at all on the computers of the people who gave them money for it.

Valve in it's current incarnation, with all this steam idiocy. Is a very shitty company.
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Aneurysm wrote:Hum I think I know what he is trying to say. And yes I use the hardest difficulty setting when I live my REAL LIFE.
Hang on a goat-buggering minute there, matey! Are you telling me REAL LIFE has user variable difficulty?? I didn't see that mentioned in the fucking manual and if I find that I've been playing REAL LIFE on with Stress and Frustration set to Max Bearable for the last 39 years when I could have been taking it Easy, someone is getting a chainsaw enema for Xmas!!
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

The new HL2DM is very nice. They preserved HL2's physics, which is a huge plus after the joke that is CS: Source. You start with the gravity gun, which is kinda cheap if you ask me. I miss the laser trip mines more than ever.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I am about to try HL2DM now. The original HL DM I spent loads of time playing, I hope this new one is as good.