New tiles will be posted...

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

New tiles will be posted...

Post by Flamescreen »

Hi, guys.

I will probably regret this eventually, but I've decided to release some tiles I've made some time ago for Faces of Oblivion. I don't feel very nice currently, so I decided to share something with you, it's a thing that brings me joy usually. You lucky bastards you get to abuse me! :P (well not literally, but you get my point...) I call it the Burned wood tile group and it consists of 35 tiles of the wall range(and corners etc.)

It's free for all official Map Rat members and they don't have to give me credit for it. From all others I demand credit and asking me, prior to use.(I will probably allow you to use it though). My mail-addy is included in my sig. I've sended it to Odin/Kreegle, I hope one of them will post it today or tomorrow.
[Edit] Bah, I love Linux and the Internet should be free for all, so go and use it without any permission... Just don't be negative about it, cause it will piss me off, o.k.? If you want add the credit, the entire "crediting" idea is stupid if you ask me...[Edit]

Cheers,

Flamescreen(Damn, even my attempts to change it couldn't work!)

P.S. It wasn't difficult to do btw. Just shows you don't have to be Senor Deluxe to make something similar... O.k. his was from scratch, but anyway...
[Edit2]A friend said something to me that made me feel better, so "M" thanks a lot, though you will not see this...[Edit]
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

FLAMESCREEN! You brilliant bastard you! Those tiles look great! Thank God I joined DAC when I did and got that whole map rat thing! :) I hope my extremely long absence doesn't do wrong to my title...

8O still preying someone would do something with that arena map I made a while back...
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

War Bringer wrote:FLAMESCREEN! You brilliant bastard you! Those tiles look great! Thank God I joined DAC when I did and got that whole map rat thing! :) I hope my extremely long absence doesn't do wrong to my title...

8O still preying someone would do something with that arena map I made a while back...
It's O.K. Warbringer...
You are still a map rat, besides it's free for all now...
There shouldn't be any restrictions on creativity anyway...
Glad you liked it btw...
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

A bit of post digging time,

Flamescreen I've downloaded your burned wood tiles from NMA but the file's in a format I'm not familiar with '.RAR' what do I need to open them or use them?

Cheers

Yours a technical noob

Requiem
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:A bit of post digging time,

Flamescreen I've downloaded your burned wood tiles from NMA but the file's in a format I'm not familiar with '.RAR' what do I need to open them or use them?

Cheers

Yours a technical noob

Requiem
I think thats winRAR. Its a zip program... dont know excatly where to DL it, but look around and you probaly find it.

EDIT:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Didnt have anything better to do =).
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Thanks 46 & 2
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Oops, sorry for this, I use WinRaR cause it's convenient, though I have other programs. I totally neglected visiting here yesterday so I couldn't see this. Hope you like the tiles. They aren't special though. Ideally I should release my blood tiles and there are other projects in the works like the ruined Vault tiles OTB is drooling for and others I'm keeping for FoO, but progress is slow.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

I've always supported winzip, I guess that's because it was the program I was familiar with from work.

The tiles look good, the burned wood should fit in nicely with a quick little map I've just started, though they are rather hard to see against the black background in the preview window.

Cheers
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Flamescreen wrote:...the ruined Vault tiles OTB is drooling for...
Yes sir, I am indeed drooling over those. Any sort of estimate on when they'll be done, FS?
Requiem wrote:I've always supported winzip, I guess that's because it was the program I was familiar with from work.
I'm partial to WinZip for reasons of familiarity m'self. Could I impinge upon you to mail me those tiles as a ZIP so that I do not have to dl WinRAR, please. (Pretty please? Pretty please w/sugar on top?!)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

OnTheBounce wrote:I'm partial to WinZip for reasons of familiarity m'self. Could I impinge upon you to mail me those tiles as a ZIP so that I do not have to dl WinRAR, please. (Pretty please? Pretty please w/sugar on top?!)

OTB
Who me?? Well if I had to download WinRAR then......

Sure : ) on their way.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

I hate winzip personally... It's basically featureless for file archiving... All it can do somewhat peroperly are ZIPs...

I much prefer RAR and ACE, with of course a slight preference for ACE seeing as I distribute everything using it... Mostyl because it seems more professional than RAR...
sabin-x
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by sabin-x »

i only use winzip because its simple and i happen to have it installed.
wh0red,
-essex
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

OnTheBounce wrote:
Flamescreen wrote:...the ruined Vault tiles OTB is drooling for...
Yes sir, I am indeed drooling over those. Any sort of estimate on when they'll be done, FS?

OTB
No idea, but I'm afraid it won't be before mid June, unless something extraordinary happens :( You will probably have no use for it by then I suppose though...well tough luck buddy!!! :evil:
:)

WinRar is extremely easy to use, much easier than WinZip. Also used Ace and it's easy too and supports many formats, but I'm just more used to RAR, which has a pretty good compression algorithm too, better than WinZip. I'm not sure about WinAce, I only opened files with it.