Where's My Tribe, Yo?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
SFH
SDF!
SDF!

Where's My Tribe, Yo?

Post by SFH »

Yeah, after kicking Horrigan's ass, I return to San Francisco and wonder, where are my tribal brothers and sisters? I've got TWO G.E.C.K.s for cryin' out loud. Is there any additional participation with the tribe, or do they just disappear forever?

And no, I'm not a newbie to the game, this is the 5th time I've killed Horrigan, and I never did figure out this question.
"You got a car? I can WATCH it."
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

The game is supposed to end, when you kill Horrigan. The option to allow you keep playing on was just a bonus for the hardcore role players, nothing more. That's why you can't find your tribe :)

But, wink wink, you CAN go back to the Enclave platform if you want. Just chit-chat with the captain again and off you go, even though the place is supposed to be blown up!
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Your tribe is supposed to disappear after you find the first GECK because the Enclave kidnapped them. They're about the only reason you go to the oil rig.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
nexus
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by nexus »

But, wink wink, you CAN go back to the Enclave platform if you want. Just chit-chat with the captain again and off you go, even though the place is supposed to be blown up!
Needless to say the timer is still on and eventually the rig will blow within a few minutes - don't know why people would want to stick around anyway - maybe to explore the sealed of room next to the reactor (is there actually anything down the lift??)
Bombs are not the answer - yes is........

*Raises hand and salute*
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

naw, i doubt you can get in there... and even if you did, there is nothing to do
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

If you go back to the rig after you finish the game, you can only do one thing: walk into the Enclave. You can't go back to the mainland. And when you do walk into said Enclave, the game ends and you're dumped to the main menu.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

That's even more pointless than running after after the end game.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
keeps the heart imprisoned
What the spirit seeks the mind will follow
When the body speaks all else is hollow
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

But, hey, it's possible and I pointed it out! Hooray me!