Unreal 2K4 & Onslaught Mode = teh win?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Unreal 2K4 & Onslaught Mode = teh win?

Post by iohkus »

Mark Rein has confirmed there will indeed be a UT2004 demo, and that this demo will contain Onslaught mode (but not Assault).
The game is set to be out by this christmas.
ONSLAUGHT

Onslaught is a large scale, team and vehicle based game mode in which players battle for control of huge exterior settings. Since these settings are so large one naturally needs a way to traverse these distances, hence there are a variety of vehicles that can be used in Onslaught. These vehicles are built to not only move but also destroy your foes.

Each team has their own vehicles and you cannot steal your foes vehicles unless they unlock them by first getting into them. If your enemy jumps into a tank and then leaps out to pick up ammo you can then hijack it and turn the tables on him!

The main objective in any Onslaught game is to destroy your enemies' "Power Core." This critical point is usually located in the heart of your opponent's base. Sounds simple, right? Here's the catch - a Power Core cannot be damaged unless your team has a link to it.

How do you acquire a link? By controlling the smaller "Power Nodes" on the map and making a connection from your own Power Core to your opponents. Power Nodes begin as neutral points in the level and once they're touched they begin to build for your team. At this point the opposing team can attack and try to destroy the Node as it is being constructed. If they manage to destroy it it will go neutral again and can be re-claimed by either team. If they fail to destroy it the Node will be built for your own team and a link will be made to your own Power Core.

The next step in an Onslaught map involves proceeding to the next Node. Since the enemies Power Core can only be damaged if there is a link to your own Core you'll have to take over a number of Nodes in order to make this connection. It is extremely important to note that you can ONLY take over a Node if you control an adjacent Node. You must progress across the map, taking over point by point, in order to stage an assault on your enemies' Core.

Since death comes quick in the Tournament it is also good to know that once your team controls a Node you can then choose to respawn at it. This allows a team to have an advancing presence on any given map.
bey.
Bridgeburner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bridgeburner »

yay capture the flag with tanks and jeeps.

bored
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

no newb3, did u even read it?

this is tribes the way it was meant to be played

it's capture + hold + base destruction OMG TEH CLAN POSSIBILITIES ARE LIMITLESS

CTF/DM = halo.
bey.
Bridgeburner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bridgeburner »

like i said. ctf with tanks and jeeps. u go to the flag. campture it and hold it and go the next flag and capture it and hold it and go to the next falg and capture it hold it and you go to teh next flag and campture it and hold it.

the whole tank jeep vehicle thing is overrated imo. just a new hype.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

yeh, true, but it's better than just DM for 5 hours imo

this is liek "HEY I NEED HELP AT CPATURE PT 4 OMG LEWL LETS GO GI JOE!"

then when u capture all the nodes ur like "OK EVERYOEN GROUP WIT ME LETS GO ASS RUSH TEH CORE GENERATOR OMG"

have u played C&C: Renegade online before it had aimbots and was abbandoned by EA? that game pwned.
bey.
Bridgeburner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bridgeburner »

yeah i played it. pretty good game actually yeah. if u cant dodge aimbots ur just too fucking slow d00d don't complain

my aimbot rox! http://www.lamerkatz.com/features/q3aimbot1.shtml

now reply in 20 seconds or die
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

i was in renegade beta, and i nearly pissed my pants when they said the game went gold, because it was buggy and netcode was like made in notepad

also in the first month of renegade ladder i placed 15 because i was hardcore and won me a mousepad,

then after that i joined a developer vs. fans 3 or 4 game tournament and pwned eventhough i missed 1 game to eat lunch, i placed first and they sent me an autographed copy of a game i already owned so i was liek "teh win!"

then i led one of the best renegade clans, we won the only renegade clan tournament that was hosted by blueyonder, we swept all the clans without a loss in like 5 tiers of best of 3 anal action

but i stopped playing 3 months ago when the clan community became 10 years old and aimbots started to leak

omg q3 aimbot, teh win!
bey.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

The mode where you have one team in space ship fighter deals attacking somekinda space station sounds neat. If I can find UT2k4 cheap or download all the extra stuff I'll go for it.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

This sounds like "domination" mode (origionally from UT?) still, with vehicles and such it sounds even cooler.

But then again... it is probably hectic, and with the arcade style killing (shoot him 40 times) the tactical look on this dies.
Still, pretty cool though.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Onslaught rocks.

But Vehicle Invasion wiht UT RPG is teh r33l win.
���������
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Four year old thread unearthed from its grave...
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

:iohkus:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Gravedigging rocks! :golgotha:
���������
Infinity Dose
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Infinity Dose »

4 years and many hallucinations later, i'm still a fucking nerd but with less gaming.

i actually bought ut2k4, played it for like 5 hours.

:iohkus: r.i.p.

thanks for the memories assholenought

SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Iohkus is infinity dose you homos
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

i was always a quake fan, quake 3 arena was the fastest game there was for a long time after it was released...... now it blows.... so i work on my truck.
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Quake is for girls.
���������
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Good ol' quakeworld.. dm5 pwns!
Anything made after 1997 is unserviceable imo.