Fallout Fans Are Big Meanies

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Fallout Fans Are Big Meanies

Post by Mad Max RW »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

<html><body><P><A HREF=http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/october03/falloutbos/ target=_blank>Gamespy</A> conducted a hilarious interview with <B>Chuck Cuevas</B> and <B>Chris Pasetto</B> about <B>FOBOS</B>, but spent most of their time crying about Fallout fans.</P><blockquote><em><B>Chis:</B> &#8230;Way back we were like "Well, let's see what they have to say." And some of the biggest detractors were like "There's no way you can do this without making it turn-based, there's no Fallout without being turn-based!" A lot of us were like, with this really cool post-apocalyptic world, how is turn-based combat and a keyboard and mouse intrinsic to that? There's no pleasing them on that. If they have no keyboard and mouse, and they have to play in real-time, they're never going to be happy. Fortunately, a lot of us here and even the guys we talked to from the PC team -- the Black Isle guys -- they said they're really a minority and to be honest they get all upset when there's something that they don't like even in the Fallout PC games. They're equally vocal and pissed off.

<B>Chuck:</B> Yeah, they have their own debates going on about even games that have already shipped. So Fallout was the best, Fallout 2 was the best, etc. So trying to please them was almost like trying to please everybody, but you can't. We took our licks early on in the forums, but then we just stopped dealing with them. Because even behind the scenes it was quite evident that there was just no dealing with them.

<B>Chris again:</B> There were a couple fans out there who were like "This sounds cool, I'd like to see it," and those people were shouted down. It just became unreasonable. They couldn't even get a chance to check out screenshots and see the game without someone flaming them.

<B>More from Chuck:</B> Yeah, you know. The PC sites, <U>we basically don't talk to them anymore because they were so negative</U>, and looking for things to jump on that we just stopped talking to them, stopped providing them things because all they did was turn it around and use it against us.</em></blockquote><P>There&#8217;s plenty more. Funny how they stick to the argument that only a few people hate the game because it isn&#8217;t turnbased and 2D. And instead of &#8220;not talking&#8221; they censored everybody. When did they ever try to talk to the fans? Oh, almost forgot to mention there hasn&#8217;t been a single positive response to <B>FOBOS</B> outside the fanbase. I guess everyone at <A HREF=http://www.interplay.com target=_blank>Interplay</A> should hold hands and cry or something.</P></body></html>
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

There were a couple fans out there who were like "This sounds cool, I'd like to see it,"
Chris is right, there are 2 people that like FOBOS.
deadlus
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by deadlus »

Chris is right, there are 2 people that like FOBOS.
I know Chucky is one of them, who's the other one?
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Arghhh life is so cruelly entertaining sometimes... How do these people even manage to turn on their computers everday...? o_O
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

I never complained about turn based, console, 2D or anything like that. Im open for the posibilities. Fallout doesnt have to stay with Fallout 1 & 2, I enjoyed Tactics, though it needed more work which sucked. The only problem I ahve about FOBOS is that its simply not related to Fallout besides the misplacement and abuse of the name.

So.. why is it im locked out from the forum? Go figure.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

On a positive note we have a better picture of the gay lord himself!

http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?/i ... /chuck.jpg
might not work because gamespy is gay :(

?
Last edited by Megatron on Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:chew:
DJG
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by DJG »

Wait & see.
Maybe the game will be cool after all.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Wow, they are so full of shit. FO fans acclaimed the game for it's retro atmosphere, TB combat and RPG elements. What let them think we'd like to have a console RT combat game with black gangstas and chicks in thong?

It's like George Lucas would film a new Star Wars with some gay red lizardman saying stupid things during the whole movie. Oh wait, it already happened.

Seems like the world has gone to SHIT.

When fans want something you give em what they want, I think this is a simple marketing notion.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Chris Paseto wrote:Especially the PC fans. Way back we were like "Well, let's see what they have to say." And some of the biggest detractors were like "There's no way you can do this without making it turn-based, there's no Fallout without being turn-based!"
Don't you just love bald-faced lies?

A lot of us were like, with this really cool post-apocalyptic world,
and then decided "LETZ ADD THONGZZZZZ"

how is turn-based combat and a keyboard and mouse intrinsic to that? There's no pleasing them on that. If they have no keyboard and mouse, and they have to play in real-time, they're never going to be happy.
More bullshit. People hate FOBOS because you raped the setting. Stop spewing cockbarf like this. "Boo hoo, pity us poor game designers, the mean fans don't like our game" Here's a free tip, when you get so much vitriol and hatred directed towards your game, maybe, just maybe, a little bit of it is your fault?

Fortunately, a lot of us here and even the guys we talked to from the PC team -- the Black Isle guys -- they said they're really a minority
99% of all feedback is negative, and that's the minority? Apparently this alleged overwhelming majority of people who can't wait for FOBOS are too busy masturbating to the preview videos to say exactly how much they can't wait.

Yeah, they have their own debates going on about even games that have already shipped. So Fallout was the best, Fallout 2 was the best, etc. So trying to please them was almost like trying to please everybody, but you can't.
So let's just please the teenage male demographic, right, Chuck?

We took our licks early on in the forums, but then we just stopped dealing with them.
Translation: Once we saw how much people hated our game, there was no choice except censoring negative posts.
Because even behind the scenes it was quite evident that there was just no dealing with them.
Translation: After our little Gestapo tactics, everybody aside from diehard Interplay cocksuckers hated us. So we locked the forum.

There were a couple fans out there who were like "This sounds cool, I'd like to see it," and those people were shouted down.
Wait a second, first of all the anti-FOBOS crowd was a minority, now they're shouting down the poor fans? Nice logic there. By the way, all pro-FOBOS posts were variations of "If it looks like shit and smells like shit, you have to taste it before you can call it shit"

They couldn't even get a chance to check out screenshots and see the game without someone flaming them.
What the fuck? People couldn't go to websites and look at screenshots because they were being flamed on a message board? Another copout. People didn't look at the screens because they were shit.

It's been difficult with the hardcores. Now with the rumors of Fallout 3 all over our boards, they've stopped bothering us, because they're happy that they're getting their RPG PC game made.
No, we stopped bothering you about FOBOS because you were too busy sexually molesting the Fallout setting to listen to any feedback.

There are a few conversations on other boards that are going on, but not a whole lot.
Of course there's not, when the game's forum at the company that made it's website is locked.
We tried telling them it was a console game and not a PC game, but ...
but then when they pointed out that that had fuckall to do with it, we shut the fuck up.

Chuck Cuevos: Yeah, you know. The PC sites, we basically don't talk to them anymore because they were so negative
U DONT LIEK OUR GAEM SO STFU

GameSpy: On to more technical stuff ... Why is Snowblind's BG:DA engine so damn good?
Funny, what's that sucking noise I hear? To tell the truth, I believe the reason why so many games are of such low quality these days is because of sycophants in the gaming media. If the game fails, it's the developer's fault, not the fault of the people who didn't buy it.
fuck
Greg
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Greg »

God, I don't even care about what happens to Fallout anymore, and I STILL want to put a cheesegrater to this man's face.

I hope he chokes on Herve Caen's cock and dies.
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

I have an :idea: Chucky ... SIT DOWN AND PLAY THE ORIGINAL FUCKING GAMES YOU WANKER
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Chuck Cuevos: Yeah, you know. The PC sites, we basically don't talk to them anymore because they were so negative, and looking for things to jump on that we just stopped talking to them, stopped providing them things because all they did was turn it around and use it against us.
does that not sound like something a 4 year old would say?
"my buddy said my shitty car was shitty and he offered suggestions to make it better so i took it and hid it so he couldnt play with it anymore"

and if it wasnt bad how could we use it against you eh?
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I think it's the first time the FO community agrees on something : FOBOS is shit. Now no one can say the opposite, it's just a fact, this game is shit, the graphics are shit, the story is shit, the setting is shit, the sound is shit.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Whaddya mean the sound is shit?

"You're gonna be my bitch"

That spells classss right there baby. I can't even really count how many times I've heard that line come out of cheezy 50's monster movies. Oh I can't count because I can't get past zero. My bad.
coconono
SDF!
SDF!

Post by coconono »

I dunno. As far as I can tell it looks like a Fallout themed Gauntlet. So a lot of the nuances that made the Fallout series so cool are gonna be lost in the mix.

Is it gonna be a crappy game? In terms of its Fallout-ness, quite possibly. However, any type of discussion of what's canon and what's not canon is moot (you could argue that FT:BOS raped the Fallout license). In terms of game mechanics and story presentation (not in terms of Fallout canon but in terms of motivation to see the story to its finish), remains to be seen. Action games tend to be pretty light on plot becuase its usually the action element ('blowin shit up and cappin bitches') that keeps the player interested. The engine is pretty ugly from the screenshots I've seen of it but, it might play slick enough that it won't bother me.

As for Gamespy...For God's sakes they have an entire site devoted to the N-GAGE. Its kinda hard to take them seriously after that. Not to mention their reviews are exactly objective (they just gave the max payne 2 sequel five stars even tho it has a few flaws) or written for the casual gamer in mind...Its more for the diehards on their forums.

that's enough soapboxing from me.
--CoCoNoNo
Human Shield
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Human Shield »

But guys, it is a console game not a PC game so the developers are allowed to mess up the clothes, buildings, timeline, setting, story, characters, locations, creatures, people, fractions, combat, weapons, items, armor, style of technology, level of technology, music, ghouls, mutants, deathclaws, robots, the Brotherhood of Steel.

And they can add things like:

thong bondage gear women who say "I'll make you my bitch"
black gangsta thug 'tribals' that say "Let's go kill some punk-ass motherf*ckers"
cliche southern ascent prositutes who say "people know how to party, weee!"
cliche fast-agility girl that say "Girl does what it takes to survive".
And advertise it as better then sex.

The developers say that console games are supposed to be like this, wonder what console fans would have to say?
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Chucky 'Pimpito' Cuevas wrote:We took our licks early on in the forums, but then we just stopped dealing with them.
I thought they did deal with us, by banning us and then deleting and locking the forum. FUNNY THEY DON'T MENTION THAT.
Yeah, you know. The PC sites, we basically don't talk to them anymore because they were so negative, and looking for things to jump on that we just stopped talking to them, stopped providing them things because all they did was turn it around and use it against us.
When have they ever talked to anyone from the Fallout fan sites? Never, that's when. Odin even tried to get an interview early after the announcement with TEAM CHUCK and they basically told him to piss off. The first interview about the game basically said they weren't interested in marketting the game to fans of the RPGs.
------------------
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

Chuck Cuevas is in serious need of a succesful reality check, because every time he makes a check vs reality, he rolls a critical failure (DC -20).

Someone cast Owl's Wisdom on this man, please, otherwise "Maze" him for 50 years Subject Intelligence /2. Knowing his intelligence rating, he'll probably stay there for quite some time.

If all else fails, "Suggest" him to walk off a cliff. I doubt he'll make the saving throw.
Administrator

Circle of Eight - Hellgate: London Resource Center
www.co8.org
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Alright, so Chucky's cought on that an action fallout might actually work (unless he's lying to us again), but he's forgotten that it would have to, you know, be in the fallout universe and not destroy everything that the fallout universe has established. WAY 2 GO CHUCKIE
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

please post something there.No reg needed.

Post by chrisbeddoes »

Please post something here.
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 212#266212

No reg needed.
my own post there is like this.
chrisbeddeos

Chuck forgot to mention

Chuck forgot to mention that when fans started telling him that they did not like the game he banned them and when all the fans started to complain he closed the forums.

Also he forgot to mention that he advertises his game as better than sex in his new trailers.