New Jagged Alliance Game announced

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

New Jagged Alliance Game announced

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Although not post apocalyptic, for those who are fans of the Stradegy Rpg series will be happy to know that a new expansion pack has been announced for Jagged Alliance. In development from I-deal games and will feature the mercenaries returning to Alruco after Jagged Alliance 2. Apperantly the economy has collapsed and drug dealers have taken up residence, which is where I suppose you come in. The game will including a number of new features and additions, including tweaks to weapons as well as new weapons, terrain, missions, and artificial intelligence. Supposibly its to make the game more realistic. The new game will also feature a tougher challenge which range from smarter enemies who guard their installations to minefields, guard towers, perimeter lighting, and alarms.

Wildfire will also supposibly include more RPG elements, so those of you who are buying it for RPG elements will be happy.

The game will be released first quarter 2004 and will include a full version of the original Jagged Alliance 2 for those who did not get it the first two go-rounds. The game will cost $19.99 so those of you who enjoy bargain bin titles will be happy. Cheers all around.
Harriers for the cup.
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by First Force »

bloody marvelous! i liked jagged alliance 2, unfinished bussness sucked kinda because it was linear and very short.
You are losing it, doesn`t matter, let`s close our eyes and wake up from this dream.....
-------------------------------
Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
-------------------------------
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Since this one seems to be back on Alruco and such, it seems to be less linear then the poorly developed Unfinished Bussiness.
Harriers for the cup.
KB3ll
SDF!
SDF!

Post by KB3ll »

Aww, i was hoping that it would be an entirely new game, but an Expansion is still worth my money. Especially for 20 bucks ^_^
]Image
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Plus it comes with the original (Not so sure about Unfinished bussiness, but who REALLY wants that for anything besides the editing tools?) Besides, it seems that if this one gets enough support, we may get to look forward to Jagged Alliance 3? Or atleast a console action shooter which will shatter my dreams of Jagged Alliance as a future franchise.
Harriers for the cup.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

I hope they add an "Add pervious characters from JA 2" feature like UB.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

They most likely will, although I'de rather hope for more portraits.
Harriers for the cup.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Wildfire is a fan made mod that's been bought and made official. It features changes to the graphics and weapons, the story has been changed but you're playing the same maps as in JA2 just with more enemies and traps. I haven't seen any mention about new mercs so it's a good bet you'll have the same choice as in JA2.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Jawz II
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jawz II »

cool,i like JA2 alot,but unfinished bussines was a huge disappointment,90% indoor shootout,the kind i hate

hopefully this one is better

hopefully i can find my JA2 and unfinished bussines again

my guy had 99% shootin,auto weapons and night fighting,needless to say i kicked ass dozens at a time with him at night ;)
Drugs R Fun
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

From what I know this is just a mod, but at full price

I suppose it will feature the improved AI from JA2 Gold, some new maps and altered weapons, not too much, really

If you're looking for modifications to the original game you might as well try http://www.strategyplanet.com/jaggedalliance/

I recommend "JA2 Deidranna Lives" for the original JA2 and "Vietnam SOG '69" for UB

Both excellent mods, which feature new NPCs, weapons, maps and quests
and those are free of charge ;)
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Actually its only at 20 dollars and includes the original JA 2.

It supposibly adds afew new maps, scenario, IA,weapons, and other stuff. Sure, it's only a mod, but my guess is that if it generates enough revenue we may see JA 3?
Harriers for the cup.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Actually its only at 20 dollars and includes the original JA 2.

It supposibly adds afew new maps, scenario, IA,weapons, and other stuff. Sure, it's only a mod, but my guess is that if it generates enough revenue we may see JA 3?
I dunno about the publisher, but it looks to me like this will just be done for the fast money, like JA2 Gold
And so far, no one dared investing into a new JA3
You would need the license, the old Sirtech people (unless you would want JA3 to be = teh suck ;)) and program a completely new engine
Not to mention JA2 is a "niche game" and wasn't very successful in the USA, either
Apart from that, most of today's games are sucky iterative sequels anyway :roll:

However, I wouldn't waste the money for a simple mod, damn Wildfire for becoming such a whore :x
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

I'm curious, if I wanted to buy the original JA2, could I get it fairly easily? I mean it's an old game, and I have a hard time finding old games in stores.
Mailbox Man!
Yar.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Radoteur wrote:I'm curious, if I wanted to buy the original JA2, could I get it fairly easily? I mean it's an old game, and I have a hard time finding old games in stores.
you might look for it at your local software dealer, JA2 Gold (which includes both JA2 and the addon UB) is pretty cheap,
otherwise ebay or amazon might help you out ;)

But I'm not quite sure about the american version regarding patches, for further questions ask at http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/cgi-bin/ ... matebb.cgi