North Korean Post-Explosion Chronology

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

North Korean Post-Explosion Chronology

Post by Mad Max RW »

<strong>[ -> Editorial]</strong>

Most of these awful news networks seem to have accepted the obvious bullshit explanations for the recent <A HREF="http://www.todayonline.com/articles/25820.asp" target=_blank>huge explosion</a> in North Korea. The story doesn't make a whole hell of a lotta sense, so let's look back on a <A HREF="http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm ... ID=6264200" target=_blank>list of events</a> following the incident.<blockquote><em>Sept. 12 - South Korean Yonhap news agency reports huge blast rocking remote Kimhyungjik county in North Korea's Ryanggang province on Sept. 9. Agency says explosion appeared to be much worse than train blast in April that killed at least 170 people, and that it generated mushroom cloud up to 4 km (2.5 miles) in diameter. South Korean and U.S. officials say it unlikely to have been nuclear explosion as analysts and some media speculated.
<br>
<br>Sept. 13 - North Korean Foreign Minister Paek Nam-sun tells visiting British Foreign Office minister Bill Rammell blast was deliberate demolition of mountain for hydro-electric project. North Koreans agree to Rammell's request to allow diplomats to visit site; Pyongyang state media dismiss talk of weapons test as "preposterous smear campaign."
<br>
<br>Sept. 14 - South Korean officials say they will use satellite imagery to determine nature of blast. Engineering and power experts in Seoul question North's explanation, saying river in area was unsuitable for hydro-power generation.
<br>
<br>Sept. 15 - Secretary of State Colin Powell tells Reuters North Korea's explanation that blast was demolition work for power project squared with what Washington saw.
<br>
<br>Sept. 16 - North Korea-based foreign diplomats from Britain, Czech Republic, European Union, India, Mongolia, Poland, Russia and Sweden visit site accompanied by North Korean officials.
<br>
<br>Sept. 17 - Diplomats say they saw hydroelectric project under construction, but South Korea says diplomats were taken to site about 100 km (60 miles) from Kimhyungjik county. Confusion deepens when Seoul unification vice minister Rhee Bong-jo tells news conference: "There is no information to support an explosion in the area where there were indications of an explosion."</em></blockquote>A hydroelectric dam. Makes sense. Funny considering we setup a modern nuclear power station for them, and the country is still the darkest spot in all of Asia. And you know all is well when the head of the <A HREF="http://www.iaea.org/" target=_blank>International Atomic Energy Agency</a>, <B>Mohammed El Baradei</b>, is still "leaving the door open" for a nuclear test.
epidemic
SDF!
SDF!

Re: North Korean Post-Explosion Chronology

Post by epidemic »

Mad Max RW wrote:Most of these awful news networks seem to have accepted the obvious bullshit explanations for the recent <A HREF="http://www.todayonline.com/articles/25820.asp" target=_blank>huge explosion</a> in North Korea. The story doesn't make a whole hell of a lotta sense, so let's look back on a <A HREF="http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm ... ID=6264200" target=_blank>list of events</a> following the incident.<blockquote><em>Sept. 12 - South Korean Yonhap news agency reports huge blast rocking remote Kimhyungjik county in North Korea's Ryanggang province on Sept. 9. Agency says explosion appeared to be much worse than train blast in April that killed at least 170 people, and that it generated mushroom cloud up to 4 km (2.5 miles) in diameter. South Korean and U.S. officials say it unlikely to have been nuclear explosion as analysts and some media speculated.

Sept. 13 - North Korean Foreign Minister Paek Nam-sun tells visiting British Foreign Office minister Bill Rammell blast was deliberate demolition of mountain for hydro-electric project. North Koreans agree to Rammell's request to allow diplomats to visit site; Pyongyang state media dismiss talk of weapons test as "preposterous smear campaign."

Sept. 14 - South Korean officials say they will use satellite imagery to determine nature of blast. Engineering and power experts in Seoul question North's explanation, saying river in area was unsuitable for hydro-power generation.

Sept. 15 - Secretary of State Colin Powell tells Reuters North Korea's explanation that blast was demolition work for power project squared with what Washington saw.

Sept. 16 - North Korea-based foreign diplomats from Britain, Czech Republic, European Union, India, Mongolia, Poland, Russia and Sweden visit site accompanied by North Korean officials.

Sept. 17 - Diplomats say they saw hydroelectric project under construction, but South Korea says diplomats were taken to site about 100 km (60 miles) from Kimhyungjik county. Confusion deepens when Seoul unification vice minister Rhee Bong-jo tells news conference: "There is no information to support an explosion in the area where there were indications of an explosion."</em></blockquote>A hydroelectric dam. Makes sense. Funny considering we setup a modern nuclear power station for them, and the country is still the darkest spot in all of Asia. And you know all is well when the head of the <A HREF="http://www.iaea.org/" target=_blank>International Atomic Energy Agency</a>, <B>Mohammed El Baradei</b>, is still "leaving the door open" for a nuclear test.
Looks like the Iraqi disInformation Minister found a new job.

"There was no explosion where there was an explosion."

Reminds me of 'doublethink' from Orwell's 1984.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Cant they just run a radiation test in the area? I mean if it was nuclear it would be pretty obvious, surely...
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

well hell if I know!

Post by Janus Matchell »

I don't think the officials in North Korea would let anyone near that site where the explosion was reported. They would just rather lie than get caught with their hands in a cookie jar that happens to be labeled NUKES. Damn lying assholes always trying to cover up something as obvious as that. I guraantee you that N.K. will not let foreign officials near that site as then it would untangle their delicately laid web of bullshit.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
brillo
Regular
Regular

Re: well hell if I know!

Post by brillo »

Janus Matchell wrote:I don't think the officials in North Korea would let anyone near that site where the explosion was reported. They would just rather lie than get caught with their hands in a cookie jar that happens to be labeled NUKES. Damn lying assholes always trying to cover up something as obvious as that. I guraantee you that N.K. will not let foreign officials near that site as then it would untangle their delicately laid web of bullshit.
I don't think their web is all that tangled. The american officials attibuting a 2 1/2 mile wide mushroom cloud to a forest fire have got a bit more tangled web. Least the NK's figured out a plausible explanation. The US guys weren't even trying. Fucking forest fire. :confused2:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yeah, damn these.